Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My only experience with Slime was with Schrader-valved tubes. I seem to remember getting a puncture (may have been a pinch rather than penetration-type) and was unable to patch it using a normal repair kit, 'cos the ruddy slime stopped the patch sticking!! I've not bothered since and as said further up, just treat punctures as an occupational hazard.

Had some Presta pre-filled tubes once - they were rubbish, it basically squirted out into the valve causing failure on both tubes along with gunging up a decent pump.

Made a nasty mess of the kitchen floor [or could just have been ectoplasm!].

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
If you really want to use some kind of Sealant in tubes, then the best you can get is Stans NoTubes. it works a treat, and will seal most holes. check the video on Youtube if you don't believe it.
You can use any valve type as long as it has a removable core, so presta, schraeder will both work as long as they have removable cores.

I use Stans in tubeless MTB tyres. The tyres wear out before the sealant needs replacing. no flats for over 18 months since i've used stans.

Slime tubes/sealants are cheap nasty things, and i'm not at all surprised they didn't work. buy cheap buy twice

Trumpettom001

As long as you don't have double walled rims - I've found that slime works fine.... the only puncture I got in 2 years was when i went skidding down a long long hill, heard a massive BANG, and got my back covered in this pretty green streak.... this was about 2 years ago tho - back in my juvenile years.... (I'm now 18)

Top Bottom