Halo Fixed gear/Track wheels - 50mm Deep rim, white + Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gds58

Über Member
For sale are a pair of Halo fixed gear/track wheels in white with a 50mm deep rim and large flange sealed bearing hubs. 32 spoke three cross spoking pattern. These are superb quality track/fixed gear wheels with a 'flip-flop' rear hub allowing the use of a fixed gear one side with a single freewheel the other side. Solid axle with track nuts included along with a lock-ring for the fixed gear. A pair of Schwalbe Lugano white and black tyres are fitted.

These are very good quality wheels and the hubs are silky smooth. Perfect for that fixed gear winter bike or maybe your trendy fixie commuter bike.

£110 including postage to the UK. No silly offers please. Will be posted in a strong wheel box.

Pictures can also be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/70163551@N ... 747051398/

Many thanks for looking, Graham
Halo Fixie wheels.jpg Halo Fixie wheels.jpg Halo Fixie wheels-2.jpg

Attachments

• Halo Fixie wheels-3.jpg
    Halo Fixie wheels-3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Halo Fixie wheels-4.jpg
    Halo Fixie wheels-4.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 37
  • Halo Fixie wheels-5.jpg
    Halo Fixie wheels-5.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 36

amaferanga

Veteran
How much do they weigh (wheels only without tyres)?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'm game if @amaferanga doesn't want them. They would look rather nice on the Plug, my trendy fixie fixed gear winter bike commuter.

OP
OP
gds58

gds58

Über Member
I'm afraid I have no idea at all as they came on a Boardman track bike I bought and I've swapped them out for some more conventional looking wheels with shallow black rims. They have tyres/tubes on at the moment but I can weigh them as they are if it would help as we can deduct the rough amount for the tyres/tubes etc. It'll give you an idea at least.

OP
OP
gds58

gds58

Über Member
I have weighed the wheels and looked up the weight of the Schwalbe Lugano tyres/tubes and the wheel weights without these fitted are as follows:
Front: 1160g
Rear: 1260g
Not the lightest by any means but very strong and were great once rolling and spun up to speed a bit. Can you let me know asap if you're interested as there is another member who wants them but you were first to enquire. Graham

OP
OP
gds58

gds58

Über Member
If that's without tyres weight then I'm no longer interested, but thanks for taking the time to weigh them :smile:
I edited the earlier post with weights as I had stupidy put the weights including the tyres. I have now corrected this so please see the amended weights.
Graham

amaferanga

Veteran
I didn't see the original weights, but almost 2.5kg is just too heavy for me.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Oh.My.Word. My Charge Plug now looks like an utter tart.;)

Need to buy some more spoke reflectors now though, and then the ice spikes and an 18T cog + lockring can go on the old wheels on a just-in-case basis. Swapping wheels is so much faster than swapping tyres.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
didn't look so freakin' tarty in the pouring rain as I fixed the second puncture of the commute home.​
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH.​

Top Bottom