Hand car washes, beware

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aint Skeered

I have just heard that a client of a friend of mine took his car into one of these hand car washes in Gatwick yesterday, anyway whilst the muppet was moving the car, he drove it into a wall, and wrote it off.
Guess what, no insurance held by him or the business.

Keith Oates

Janner
The moral is, wash your own car and also benefit from the excercise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simoncc

Better still, just don't wash your car at all. I never wash mine except for an occasional wipe of the lights and windows if they get extremely dirty in winter.

Trillian

trustysteed said:
a better moral is to pay 2 quid and go through the cheap morrison's machine car wash!

can't take my car through car washes, it'll pull the bumper off along with the door mirror,

that and it spreys water into places it normally doesn't get, encouraging rust.

the car i'm getting has a different problem, of the machine not being able to sense when it's got to the roof due to it's body being fiberglass.

they shouldn't need to move the cars for the hand car wash

Trillian

domtyler said:
If he was uninsured then he deserves to lose it.

think he meant no insurance held by the muppet or the business, not the car owner.

think there is only one occasion i've given my keys to someone i didn't know at a garrage and gone off.

my car is normally fixed by my uncle, and every other time i've taken it to a garage i've put it on the ramp myself.

i'm present at the MOT (sometimes wish i wasn't)

OP
OP
Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered

feckless said:
Doesn't matter whether they're insured or not, they're still liable.

Unleash the dogs of law.

f

Picture the scene Crawley, Gatwick area, full to the gunnels with migrant workers sleeping 6 to a room, etc etc
He would not stand a cat in hells chance of claiming against the individual, or the fly by night company.
I certainly would not use them, but thousands of people do on a daily basis

Top Bottom