Handbags and gladrags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

comingupforair

I am a very green commuter launching head on into London traffic soon... any advice on what type of bag to get!? I don't want to cover up my tasteful yellow jacket with a back pack and the choice out there is baffling.

Ladies - basically I'm looking for a handbag replacement - any advice?!

Willow

Google basil they have some nice ones though I am bound to say that I use mine only for little trips around the village. For my commute I use panniers as my basil can't really take bulky things and I worry it will fly off - it is lovely though.

OP
OP
C

comingupforair

Thanks - they look very lovely indeed... one for the wish list I think. Daft question - if you put just one pannier on your bike do you topple over... (can you tell I'm green?)

Maybe I've not looked far enough yet, but cycling gear isn't the most feminine stuff I've ever seen!

Willow

I have this basil but in a greeny blue colour. But the fixings aren't good enough for bumpy potholes so my daily commute is now a DHB elsted which is good and practical. Generally speaking I only use one on the left hand side and there is no problem with balance. I do however need to adjust my bikestand because with the pannier on the bike doesn't stay up unless I'm holding it!

longers

Legendary Member
comingupforair said:
- if you put just one pannier on your bike do you topple over...

Not happened to me yet :tongue:

Although I put mine on the right as I think it makes drivers give you more room as they view your bike as being wider.

Dayvo rides on the wrong side of the road so maybe that's why he said on the left :angry:

longers said:
Although I put mine on the right as I think it makes drivers give you more room as they view your bike as being wider.

Dayvo rides on the wrong side of the road so maybe that's why he said on the left :ohmy:

Not necessarily so: I remember when I rode my bike to school and there was a place for the handle of our brief cases on the left-hand side of the rack, so I assumed that as you said the bike would appear wider, but it doesn't matter if it's viewed as wider from left to right, or right to left.

I tell the Scandies, that, yes, you drive on the RIGHT side, but we (the Brits) drive on the CORRECT side! :sad:

marooncat

I tend to just shove my handbag into a pannier along with my lunch and all the other bits and pieces I seem to need to take to work.

I keep meaning to be organised and get another cheap bag to keep at work and duplicate other bits from my main bag, and then just take my purse and mobiles in on my bike but have never got this sorted!!!

Top Bottom