Handle bar computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bealz998

Hello I've see a few people with them what do they do ? What can they do? Are they any good ? Sorry for all the questions but I don't know anything about bikes and accessories yet :smile:

gavintc

Guru
Everything from simply the current speed to... GPS, power output, etc etc. Do some googling on cycle computers. A one line question would demand a long article to answer correctly.

simon.r

Person
They can tell you pretty much whatever you want to know! Start at <£10 for a basic one that will give you speed, distance, time etc., to large amounts of money for what are quite sophisticated computers.

I just like to know how far I've been and how long it's taken me, so opt for the cheaper ones.

Some are wired (from the head unit to a sensor on the front fork) and some are wireless.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Mine tells me speed and how far I've been. It would give me average speeds and times if I bothered to reset it

Depends what you want to know and how much you want to spend

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I too have a simple-ish one, it tells me how many miles I have done and what speed I am going and most importantly for me the time, it does a few other things as well, like average this and that but I am not really interested in those bits so don't take any notice!

OP
OP
Bealz998

Bealz998

I too have a simple-ish one, it tells me how many miles I have done and what speed I am going and most importantly for me the time, it does a few other things as well, like average this and that but I am not really interested in those bits so don't take any notice!

That's the sort of one I'm after what's yours called

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
That's the sort of one I'm after what's yours called
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...5324287|rnd:3644968731405270997|dvc:c|adp:1o2

That one £9.99 from Argos

Top Bottom