handle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris folder

Hi I see you can buy leather loop strap made by raw that clips to bike frame what a price they are for a peace of leather very expensive I see few others are saleing them anymore no a cheaper carry handle

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
No. You can make yourself one with velcro if you have half an hour. IKEA mattresses come rolled up and the handle/wrap piece can be asily adapted to make a handle.

BUT the frame has a couple of comfy hand hold points and the new saddle with the finger grips is OK for short carrying.

To be honest, carrying a Brompton too far isn't that much fun however you do it, better to raise the seatpost and wheel it (rack helps here) or unfold and push wherever it isn't possible to be riding - along a station platform etc.

OP
OP
C

chris folder

Hi ok mite try to make one i would like to see a photo of handle your on about so will try make same. the handles online are well over priced just for a small piece of leather

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Hi ok mite try to make one i would like to see a photo of handle your on about so will try make same. the handles online are well over priced just for a small piece of leather
I don't use a handle myself so no photos I'm afraid. But if you were to make one then I'd suggest velcro loops for the top tube: one in front of the frame hinge and thenother inside the small triangle seatpost bit so these loops don't just slide together when being carried. Then use whatever material you fancy for a handle to fit quite tightly between these two loops and jobs a good 'un.

Welocme to the forum by the way. :biggrin:

OP
OP
C

chris folder

Hi thanks:okay: its a great forem I just stumbled on it when surfing the net did not no there was a forem like this. Its great to talk to other riders of folders I been rideing dahon for years now im on a bromptom

Top Bottom