Handlebar bag ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Suddabym

Can someone please recommend a good handlebar bag please up to around £60 thx in advance obvs needs to be %100 waterproof doesn’t have to be massive it’s mainly for pump phone money and gels etc

tom73

Guru
Try Alpkit they have a few that may suit at the at that price point. Restrap do a small canister bag again at that price point.
Both are good brands, waterproof and Uk made Alpkit also are a very ethical company.
You thought about a top tube bag that may work for you ?

OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

Try Alpkit they have a few that may suit at the at that price point. Restrap do a small canister bag again at that price point.
Both are good brands, waterproof and Uk made Alpkit also are a very ethical company.
You thought about a top tube bag that may work for you ?

Not really thought if that if I’m honest I think I’d just prefer a handlebar bag I will take a look at the alpkit thanks :-)

Gwylan

Veteran
Can someone please recommend a good handlebar bag please up to around £60 thx in advance obvs needs to be %100 waterproof doesn’t have to be massive it’s mainly for pump phone money and gels etc

Have a look on Wish. Dodgy but functioning Chinese site

💰 Look what I found on Wish for a great price!

https://dl.wish.com/7uPnd

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Handlebar bags come in the traditional touring guise and these are usually easy to take on/off by leaving the bracket permanently attached to the bike.

Then there are the bikepacking variety which use velcro straps and are a bit more faff to remove and install.

scragend

Look for Rixen and Kaul Klickfix bracket, quite a lot of better bags use that hardware. Similar ( ssme) as Ortleib bracket

You can also buy the bag backplates separately, so if you have a Klickfix bracket on the bike you don't need a Klickfix bag, you can get a "normal" bag and attach a backplate to it. I have Klickfix mounts on all my bikes, and I converted the BTR bar bag that I already had (bought from Amazon) by screwing a backplate to it. I left the straps in place should I ever need them but it works very well.

Moodyman

Legendary Member

Sheer curiosity…does it have to be a handlebar bag? Handlebar bags have their uses but for most rides a large saddlebag might be better. Plus they don’t obstruct lights and computer mounting on the handlebar.

I have a camelchops top tube bag. Very well made and not that expensive. Better made than my alpkit stem bag.

I looked at the various styles of bar bags from them too. There's a few cylinder types, one very small suitable for an inner tube, tools and some money. Right up to a big one 8 or 10 litres I think. Bright colours,, cammo or a few more sober colours. On their website you can choose the colours you want from a range plus a few other custom options.

Top Bottom