Handlebar bag ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

I have a camelchops top tube bag. Very well made and not that expensive. Better made than my alpkit stem bag.

I looked at the various styles of bar bags from them too. There's a few cylinder types, one very small suitable for an inner tube, tools and some money. Right up to a big one 8 or 10 litres I think. Bright colours,, cammo or a few more sober colours. On their website you can choose the colours you want from a range plus a few other custom options.

Thank you 👍

OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

Sheer curiosity…does it have to be a handlebar bag? Handlebar bags have their uses but for most rides a large saddlebag might be better. Plus they don’t obstruct lights and computer mounting on the handlebar.

I don’t want anything large just a small one will do won’t be carrying any clothing etc

rivers

How far can I go?
I don’t want anything large just a small one will do won’t be carrying any clothing etc

I have a BTR handlebar bag I bought off amazon for £15ish. Fully waterproof, reflective bits, and can hold tools, spares, and lunch. Perfect for commuting

froze

Über Member
I wanted a bag with a map cover on it, and one that was of decent size since I don't use front panniers, so I opted for the Topeak Tourguide DX, their largest bag at 8 liters of capability and 11 pounds of carrying weight. The only problem with this bag is it's not waterproof, even the rainfly doesn't help much! I sprayed both with waterproofing spray, but I cut a trash bag to fit inside the bag like a liner and long enough so I can roll it closed before zipping the lid shut.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have one of these from Lead Out who are based in Los Angeles! Ordered on a Sunday and got delivery on the Wednesday. It works very well for me but is only shower proof. Lead Out Mini Bar Bag

As far as I can tell it's almost identical to this one from Camel Chops and had I known about Camel Chops I probably would have got a bespoke bag from them instead. Camel Chops

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Look for Rixen and Kaul Klickfix bracket, quite a lot of better bags use that hardware. Similar ( ssme) as Ortleib bracket

yes my Altura sonic uses that, its quite good for a commuting bag over a frame r seat pack (light mounting issues aside) as you just unclick it and sling on your shoulder whne you arrive.

if you can find a Sonic in stock somewhere I've been leased with mine, I think Drylne is Altura's newer version

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
A56128D1-D476-4134-ACFD-9451FE300E38.jpeg

Carradice zipped roll bag is a perfect size and on sale at Spa cycles for £41

BC5E0432-8121-4D12-A0F4-EC7AB005B2FC.jpeg

froze

Über Member
Can someone please recommend a good handlebar bag please up to around £60 thx in advance obvs needs to be %100 waterproof doesn’t have to be massive it’s mainly for pump phone money and gels etc
The problem is you want it inexpensive, and waterproof bags are difficult to find that are truly waterproof under that 60 price tag you mentioned. The bag I'm going to mention does say it's waterproof, but would I trust it? no, but I will show you how to make sure the stuff inside doesn't get wet. Personally, I don't trust anything to be waterproof I don't care who makes it.

The bag is made by Rapha, and it's quite simply called the Bar Bag, it cost around $21 in America now on sale here: https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/...8_1680701585_6c211dd21ae39278db7992290725ce85

I do bike camping and touring, so I run into a lot of rain, while all my bags say they're waterproof, I never put that design to the test because I don't want to get to a campsite and find things wet! What I do is a bit of an overkill but I line all my bags with a strong heavy-duty trash bag made for outdoor trash. For the handlebar bag though I use a smaller 13 gallon trash bag, I had to cut the bag to make it fit yet be long enough so I can roll the plastic bag up once everything is inside. Then as added protection anything that I want to make sure won't get wet goes into a ziplock bag.

Personally, I would store the pump where it is supposed to go, it should have come with brackets to mount to the water bottle cage, not sure why you don't want to do that, but by mounting it beside the water bottle cage it would save some space in the bag, but I'll leave that up to you.

Top Bottom