handlebars? adjustable stem ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Right folks I could do with some advice ,my bike is a Carrera gryphon hybrid she's currently wearing flat bars and now my rides have increased in distance and time I am finding my hands and fingers going tingly now I know from riding motorcycles that this is due to weight on my wrists.So do any of you guys have experience with swapping bars to some with a rise and which worked the best? My other option is one of those adjustable stems to allow me to position my current bars where they work for me,are they any good ? Tia peeps

Forget rise - choose back sweep.

Last edited:

gottogetfit

I've just had same problem. Got a 2nd hand mountain bike with flat bars. The local bike shop said forget different bars & go with an adjustable stem. I did & am really pleased with it.

You need to put the right grip at the right angle and width, with suitable reach and drop.
I use Ergon cork grips on On-One Mary bars (cut back 1cm each side). Butterfly style trekking bars are also good for distance riding.
Adjustable stems can help you find the correct reach and drop but are weak and heavy. One you find your sweet spot, get a fixed stem.

Top Bottom