Hands up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Blue patch of sky appearing overhead. About to head home.

Yes, got soaked last night, but I always have a packable waterproof top for the way home, and only a 25 minute run, so can survive wet trousers - can change as soon as I get back.

Wobblers

Euthermic
*Sticks up hand*.

Came in yesterday in shorts and t-shirt - was still hot and sweaty (how - it's all downhill!?). I had to break out the lightweight waterproof and leg warmers for the journey home. I actually quite like cycling in the rain. It's cooler and motorists tend to give you more room: presumably they're scared to get too close to the nutter cyclist!

Just about to go home and some blue sky's appeared - yay!

Jezston

Über Member
Went out in non-waterproofs yesterday morning, fortunately had left waterproofs at work from a previous journey so I was able to ride home in them.

What I didn't do however, was take my keys from my non-waterproof Tudor Sports jacket and so was locked out of my flat! On the plus side this gave me the opportunity to get round to seeing Kick Ass while I waited for my neighbour with spares to get home that evening!

In conclusion - not that great a film. Entertaining, but quite flawed.

OP
OP
Downward

Downward

Guru
McWobble said:
*Sticks up hand*.

Came in yesterday in shorts and t-shirt - was still hot and sweaty (how - it's all downhill!?). I had to break out the lightweight waterproof and leg warmers for the journey home. I actually quite like cycling in the rain. It's cooler and motorists tend to give you more room: presumably they're scared to get too close to the nutter cyclist!

Just about to go home and some blue sky's appeared - yay!

Did an extra 5 miles this morning, Had to take a bike seat back. It was one of those front mounted ones which meant 9 miles of pedalling like a frog with the seat digging into my chest.
Yeah it was when I left at 4.20pm then after 10 mins it rained then sunny again.
Headwind was brutal though.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Missed it in the end - had to zip my waterproof top right down - lots of spray, so overshoes worked a treat. Hissed it down after I'd showered when I went out to wash the bike though.

Bman

Guru
Perfectly timed for me. The clouds parted an hour before I left, so it was both dry (mostly) and bright. Phew! :smile:

potsy

Rambler
Managed to dodge the rain both ways today:biggrin: But I dressed for the worst just in case,over-shoes were handy too.
Here's hoping for better weather next week:becool:

Tynan

Veteran
smidge of rain on the way home, beat the worse of it just

it's only water, all I might wear different is overshoes at this time of year in London

get cold = ride faster, on a commute anyway

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Well i managed to dodge it! thank god for that. I left my bag at work on thursday night (took two sets of clothes) so i could have a light ride on the way home and the way in on friday. This meant i either braved it (as i did) and just go in shorts and t-shirt or wear waterproofs. Well the later wasn't going to happen!

potsy

Rambler
buggi said:
i stayed in bed an extra half hour Zzzzzzzzzzzzz and went to work in my car :biggrin:
:rain:;):rolleyes: So tempted to do that sometimes,especially when there's rain about.Working tomorrow so will be in car,but I've cycled 14 out of the last 15 commutes:biggrin:

Top Bottom