Hanging a jigsaw puzzle....tips wanted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There are several parts to my answer.
Mrs Dave is (shortly to be) my wife of 50 years.....no mean feat imo.
This is the first puzzle she has done (since childhood)
If I play my cards right this could be my christmas present & 50th anniversary present combined.
Sign of a strong marriage, combining skills to create something beautiful.
======
Or you could just mimic the composition, upload to twitter and move on with your lives

sub-buzz-19323-1470843213-19.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry but...two years this has been going on? And now you want to extend the horror indefinitely by hanging a jigsaw puzzle on the wall? Are you sure you've thought this through? I mean, maybe it's a like rilly rilly nice jigsaw puzzle, but even then, the prospect of having it hanging up indefinitely...? Have to say I'm firmly in the 'oops, sorry love' camp...
At least it would stop her jumbling the pieces up and starting again! :laugh:

A friend of mine got frustrated with his Rubik's Cube back in the 1970s. He soon came to realise that he could spend the rest of his life trying to solve it so he took it to bits and then reassembled it in the solved state, after carefully coating all the internal faces with glue! :okay:

Another pal had the same problem. He solved it the easy way, by peeling off the stickers and resticking them in the solved configuation ...

FishFright

More wheels than sense
At least it would stop her jumbling the pieces up and starting again! :laugh:

A friend of mine got frustrated with his Rubik's Cube back in the 1970s. He soon came to realise that he could spend the rest of his life trying to solve it so he took it to bits and then reassembled it in the solved state, after carefully coating all the internal faces with glue! :okay:

Another pal had the same problem. He solved it the easy way, by peeling off the stickers and resticking them in the solved configuation ...

A friend of mines fathers reaction to the Rubik Cube was somewhat different; He spun it round in his fingers a few times , picked up a pad and pencil then 20 minutes later he had worked out the maths which allows it to be finished from any position in a fixed number of moves. He finished it then never touched it again.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My cycling buddy can do Rubik's cubes in a few seconds, which is irritating. He also does fiendish crosswords and is a fast cyclist. The only think he can't do is fix his bike, I have to do that for him.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Drill a hole through each piece, then transfer them one at a time to the wall, screwing them in place.
TBH......I did try that. Its a 1200 piece jigsaw and I ran out of screws at 1179 so I unscrewed them all and now hafe this quandry.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A friend of mines fathers reaction to the Rubik Cube was somewhat different; He spun it round in his fingers a few times , picked up a pad and pencil then 20 minutes later he had worked out the maths which allows it to be finished from any position in a fixed number of moves. He finished it then never touched it again.
That is very impressive!

I managed to solve it except for two opposing sub-cubes which were transposed. I didn't work out how to swap those round without messing up the others.

My cycling buddy can do Rubik's cubes in a few seconds, which is irritating.
There are plenty of websites showing you how to do it. Even the most scrambled cube can be solved in well under 30 moves.

I have seen videos on YouTube of people solving them in incredible ways, super-quickly, one-handed in less than a minute etc. The most astonishing was probably this one ... :eek:

Top Bottom