Hanging a jigsaw puzzle....tips wanted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Mrs Dave has just completed a rather nice jigsaw AND it has only taken 2 years :smile:.
Mr Google suggests glue is not good as puzzle can warp.
Situation is.......
Puzzle is right way up on a small coffee table.
Tips wanted on everything from
How to turn it over...do I need to?
What to mount it on...and how.
Will it look better framed or not?
Thanks.

D

Deleted member 26715

Do you like Mrs Dave, you could always accidently drop it on the floor :biggrin:

What kind of table is it on, could you put a piece of clear perspex the correct size on top & turn the whole table over?

Could you slide a piece of hardboard the correct size for the frame under, perspex on top & flip?

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Do you like Mrs Dave, you could always accidently drop it on the floor :biggrin:

What kind of table is it on, could you put a piece of clear perspex the correct size on top & turn the whole table over?

Could you slide a piece of hardboard the correct size for the frame under, perspex on top & flip?
"Like" doesnt come into it.....fear does though.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Sorry but...two years this has been going on? And now you want to extend the horror indefinitely by hanging a jigsaw puzzle on the wall? Are you sure you've thought this through? I mean, maybe it's a like rilly rilly nice jigsaw puzzle, but even then, the prospect of having it hanging up indefinitely...? Have to say I'm firmly in the 'oops, sorry love' camp...

sight-pin

Veteran
You could cut some robust cardboard to fit the table, lay over puzzle and sellotape it down at the edge of the table so you can release the tape whilst the table is upside down. Then maybe then you could glue a backing sheet or something to the back of the puzzle?

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
You could cut some robust cardboard to fit the table, lay over puzzle and sellotape it down at the edge of the table so you can release the tape whilst the table is upside down. Then maybe then you could glue a backing sheet or something to the back of the puzzle?
That is the way my mind is leading me. I just think.....surely there is a simple trick/method to it.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Staple each bit to the table and nail the table to the wall :okay:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Sorry but...two years this has been going on? And now you want to extend the horror indefinitely by hanging a jigsaw puzzle on the wall? Are you sure you've thought this through? I mean, maybe it's a like rilly rilly nice jigsaw puzzle, but even then, the prospect of having it hanging up indefinitely...? Have to say I'm firmly in the 'oops, sorry love' camp...
There are several parts to my answer.
Mrs Dave is (shortly to be) my wife of 50 years.....no mean feat imo.
This is the first puzzle she has done (since childhood)
If I play my cards right this could be my christmas present & 50th anniversary present combined.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
There are several parts to my answer.
This is the first puzzle she has done (since childhood)
If I play my cards right this could be my christmas present & 50th anniversary present combined.
I take it all back. I applaud your thinking, salute your upcoming momentous day, and wish you well with your project. However deranged. ^_^

classic33

Leg End Member
Sheet of hardboard cut to size, to fit the frame. Plastic sheet for over the top(bin liner).

Slide the hardboard underneath, take the plastic sheet & place over the top. Pull tight and use sellotape to secure into place. Further "bands" of tap are used across the plastic sheet to minimise movement.

Turn the board over onto the table. Newspaper in place, ready for the next part. Once upside down, remove the sellotape from the board, leaving the jigsaw in place.

Apply glue to the rear of the jigsaw, replacing the board after doing so. Pressing into place before moving the jigsaw.

Turn the board and puzzle the right way up. Using a sheet of plain paper(no print), take a rolling pin and use a firm but not too much force, to ensure all the pieces are firmly attached.

Weight the jigsaw, and allow the glue to fully dry.

D

Deleted member 26715

Congratulations, we're at 35 & counting, it's good to know there are others out there who seem to take it seriously as well & not when it gets tough bale.
Now we are talking.
Its a s***e idea but at least a possitive suggestion.
'Cuse me, I gave positive suggestions ages ago :biggrin:

Top Bottom