Hangovers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norv

I don't think i've ever had anything more than a 3 star, yet (i'm only 18). My worse/most embarassing experiences have been waking up unable to swallow and/or remember anything from the night before. - Only to find numerous texts saying "how smashed I was" or "what a dick I was"... etc etc

I've come to realise that the keys in avoiding embarassment are to: a) Drink slowely. :angry: Only drink one type of drink. And c) Eat and drink water at the same time.

Can't go wrong!!

Noodley

Norv said:
I've come to realise that the keys in avoiding embarassment are to: a) Drink slowely. :laugh: Only drink one type of drink. And c) Eat and drink water at the same time.

Where's the fun in that?! :angry:;)

Keith Oates

Janner
The number of times I've had a six and swore I would never touch another drop are quite a few. However making cycling an almost daily habit makes me keep off the big nights out on most occassions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
The worst hangover I ever had was after a somewhat wine-sodden evening. I worked out afterwards I'd had at least three bottles and some cognac;). That was on Friday night. I still felt awful on Wednesday. And that's when I vowed never to drink again. One of the many times I've vowed that:biggrin:.I'll probably vow it again tomorrow.

yenrod

Ive crawled up stairs before now, after taking 30mins to get the key in the door...then got intimate with the bog...and then settled down on a nice cool place - the bathroom floor...and if you do try or even manage to get from the taxi to the door which is like walking thru' hell - getting a pint :evil: of water between 'rising' the stairs may not have been a good idea in the 1st place..

Keith Oates said:
Only one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know that you were drunk if you let the other seven get away. :tongue:

U

User482

6 star only once, I was 17. My friends carried me home, propped me up against the front door and effed off. I woke up as I hit the floor when my dad opened the door. He then held my head over the loo as I chucked up for the next hour. Not my finest hour.

got-to-get-fit

when i was 18 i could drink shed loads and still only have a 2 star at best.

Now im 36, if i have a small watered down shandy i get a 6 star hangover

WTF is that all about.....?

When I was 17 I got so drunk I shat all over the bathroom (of which I had no recollection of). I got up the next morning, had a bath and then went into town to meet up with my mates. I felt mortally ill, but had I done that today, I would have been hospitalised.

I've never touched gin since however.

Norv

As long as you can handle the raging thirst, beer hangovers never seem that bad and that's all I really drink (apart from the odd shot every now and then!)
I've been told a red wine hangover is like the end of the world?

Norv said:
As long as you can handle the raging thirst, beer hangovers never seem that bad and that's all I really drink (apart from the odd shot every now and then!)
I've been told a red wine hangover is like the end of the world?

Hmm, I think you will find that no amount of red wine can touch the hangover that my best mate and I gave ourselves on our most famous bender.

It all started at 1100hrs one friday morning in the student bar. With 7 pints of snakebite each - mobile phone cam pics to proove it. After that I have a vuage memory of going into town to ramp things up a bit. There are more pictures that I don't remember, involving snakebite, lager, cider, JD and coke, straint JD, shots of varying colour, jeager-bulls in pint glasses :biggrin: a railway station, a club somewhere in London (we know it was london because somehow I still had my ticket the next day) and then the pics stop. I have a hazy memory of puking in Guildford station after catching an early (the next morning) train home. I have been told by our neighbour that he came home to see a pair of legs poking out of the front door of our house, and on investigating found me and my friend lying in pools of vomit on our lounge floor.

Nice.

Bank statement came thorugh - we had withdrawn £380 each that night. I had a fiver and some shrapnel and my friend had about the same amount in shrapnel.

I was hungover for over a week. It took 2 days for either of us to be well enough to clean up the vom.

Now I rarely exceed 2 pints, once in a blue moon.

It all started when we found a £20note on our walk into uni.

Top Bottom