Hants & IoW police survey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
It's kind of interesting that in Q4 where we are asked about which modes of transport have been used, walking is not listed among the options:sad:.

gcogger

Filled in, thanks (I'm in Hampshire).

It's kind of interesting that in Q4 where we are asked about which modes of transport have been used, walking is not listed among the options:sad:.
The question specifically asks about types of road transport, so hopefully walking doesn't qualify :smile:

snorri

Legendary Member
The question specifically asks about types of road transport, so hopefully walking doesn't qualify :smile:
Walking is quite definitely a mode of transport, many organisations place walking at the top of the transport hierarchy and it rather indicates a lack of concern for pedestrian safety when Hampshire Police do not consider it worthy of inclusion in their list of options, merely relegating it to "Other".

gcogger

Walking is quite definitely a mode of transport, many organisations place walking at the top of the transport hierarchy and it rather indicates a lack of concern for pedestrian safety when Hampshire Police do not consider it worthy of inclusion in their list of options, merely relegating it to "Other".
Of course it's a mode of transport, but I wouldn't really call it a method of road transport. They seem to be focusing (rightly or wrongly) on how road users interact with each other, rather than the effects on pedestrians, or cyclists on cycle paths. Yes, people have to walk in the road sometimes but I'd say that's the exception these days.

Top Bottom