Happy commuter thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I had nice commutes in and out of work ... and tried out a newly installed bridge as alternative route and was pleasantly surprised that it worked better than my normal main road way.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Finally got two batteries for my Cateye - replaced both. Works fine...why it didn't tell me it was low (it usually does). Don't buy CR2032's from any store, they cost about £2-£3 each - got 10 Duracell ones for less than £6 off the bay.

Yesterday, passed the same guy twice on way into work and coming home. Said 'hello' twice.

Today, caught a neighbour coming up the big drag near home. I yelled a "alright', he shouted back 'OK mate' - he then caught me at the lights, and we ensued a conversation all the way home for the last mile and a half - nice having two bikes to control a lane on a two lane section (PS the cars are actually slower, but will try and barge a single cyclist, even in primary). The chap lives about 200 yards from my house, just round the corner from another mate who commutes by bike - we all know each other.

Can't do that in a car.

Top Bottom