Happy half Christmas.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
No :angry:

Drago

Legendary Member
Downhill to winter. Once this warm spell is behind us we will have some almighty thunder storms, then things will cool off and the summer will quickly merge into Autmn...

Slick

Guru
This might explain Mrs Slicks change of heart lately and her obvious forward planning. For the past few years we have entertained the majority of the family and in true grinch style I've been quietly suggesting that we go vack to just th 2 of us, well maybe her mum, maybe. :whistle:

She finally agreed after the work we were left with to return the house back to its original condition last year, mainly from kids activities but not all. Obviously sufficient time has now passed where she forgot about the work, as she said we should maybe invite the same mob round again this year. I nearly fell of my chair but when it comes to domestic planning I pretty much just have to smile and wave. I may have to rethink my tactics for this year. :gun:

There have been various attempts to make this a thing in Australia, because it makes a kind of sense as otherwise Christmas occurs in summer. But (before global warming) Australian winters weren't much colder than English summers.

The last time I saw a reference to it in Oz, was a newsletter from my mother's care home, who said they had stopped doing it because it was very disorienting to dementia sufferers.

Yeah, der.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 5290459, member: 259"]Midsummer night's gone. Always magic to me because my son was born just before midnight on 21 June. I remember my dad taking us down to the banks of the stream that ran next to the house we lived in when I was a kid to hear a nightingale singing from the trees opposite. I think it's a Wilko DIY place now.[/QUOTE]
Nightingales on the Amazon?

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 5290489, member: 259"]It wasn't that big but we did get a few gudgeon out of it.[/QUOTE]
Not all a dream on the night?

Sharky

Guru
Mixed feelings for me. It was this day 25 years ago that my mum died. Even worse for my OH on Christmas day. That was the day her father pased away. A long time ago.

No longer sad, but always remember on this day

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I remember this day so well in 1976... It was June 25th if I remember correctly.
Oh! And it was Custer's Last Stand in 1876

lane

Veteran
Once Christmas is out of the way it seems to take quite a long time to get to the warm weather and light nights - but fortunately it works the other way round as well. My favourite month is May - December not so much.

Top Bottom