1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard core in the rain...

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by ChrisW, 20 Jul 2007.

1. ChrisW

ChrisW Senior Member

So who is looking forward to the ride home in the torrential p1ssing rain? :tongue:

2. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I've just walked back from getting some lunch and in less than a minutes walk I am soaked through to the skin, including trousers and shoes. Never seen rain like that in central London. It was literally like being in the shower. I really hope it's like that tonight on the way home, it was great!! :tongue:

3. xroads

xroads New Member

Me too. Have my neo overshoes, rain legs, jacket and mudguarded bike on the ready. The broken down cars on flooded roads with queues of traffic should add to the chuckle value.

4. dondare

dondare Über Member

Might as well be under water.

5. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

whatever, no problem getting wet here

got in dry and have a strange confidence that I'll get home dry, sunny and blue skies here after the end of the world scenes 30 minutes ago

the flooding will get plenty of time to clear too

it'll be fine

6. cupoftea

cupoftea New Member

I don't care if it rains, I suppose over the years I've got used to it, I have a shower when I get into work and bath when I get home.

The only rough bit is putting on cold wet clothes

7. It does feel hard core when the rain is this heavy. But even though you get soaked to the skin and freezing cold, it's STILL better than getting the bus. Thank you Stagecoach, for making me fit!

8. Squaggles

Squaggles New Member

Seems like you lot are getting the weather we had in East Yorkshire 3 weeks ago . I must admit it's quite good fun riding through flooding a few feet deep , just not so much fun when people's houses are flooded .

9. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Well I was really looking forward to cycling home in the middle of a torrential downpour but it is blue skies in London now. [:tongue:]

10. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Rain going home never seems as bad as rain when you wake up in the morning and are thinking about going to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Rain? What rain??:confused:

12. ChrisW

ChrisW Senior Member

S0d it..its all sunny now...:tongue:

And i was looking forward to a wet ride home laughing at the traffic jams..

13. palinurus

palinurus Guru

The rain caused a power cut where I work, so I got to leave early. When I left it was nice, sunshine, and, except where there were bloody big puddles, the roads had dried out too.

14. beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

Got drenched cycling home, but who cares?

It's Friday! :tongue:

15. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

Not on a recumbent trike it ain't!

I love the rain like this, unless you misjudge the puddles. One of the problems with trikes is that you get two "bow waves" from the front wheels which in deeper water hits you straight in the "Nether regions" - puddle enema!