Hardisty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darrenwalshh

Does anyone have any information on this bike please. I have just had it gifted and know little to nothing about it, can’t find much online either

Attachments

• 59D8EAE5-6942-482A-A51E-2BDE71E146E2.png
    59D8EAE5-6942-482A-A51E-2BDE71E146E2.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 35

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Don’t know anything about Hardisty but looks like a good bike, probably from the 70s? It’s a small frame size, how tall are you?

OP
OP
D

darrenwalshh

Don’t know anything about Hardisty but looks like a good bike, probably from the 70s? It’s a small frame size, how tall are you?
Yeah a don’t think there is much chance of me getting on it, I’m 6’2! The bike itself is extremely light I thought it would be way heavier

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Following that useful information from @Lookrider it would appear that the frame would have been bought in with the shop's name and then built up to customer specification. Many cycle shop used to do this.

Looks like the site is now run by Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

darrenwalshh

Following that useful information from @Lookrider it would appear that the frame would have been bought in with the shop's name and then built up to customer specification. Many cycle shop used to do this.
The seat I remember is a rolls San Marco or something. I think at one time this might have been someone’s pride that has just been left in the garage haha

avecReynolds531

Veteran
Difficult to tell but looks like the frame & fork have Columbus decals - which is generally good news.

There's a link here with information: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=35968&start=0

If it's Kevin Winter built, with one of the better Columbus tubesets, you have a top quality frameset.

There was a purple Hardisty featured here at CC, but I can't remember where & can't find the link.

Welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
D

darrenwalshh

I’m gonna pull the bike out and have a proper look at it. I’ll take some better pics and see if it has any real problems. It all felt in tact so here’s to hoping haha

Lookrider

That shop was so successful and well known since the start of hardisty it has remained a bike shop with just 2 owners ...hardisty and Edinburgh's
Not many shops can say that nowadays after multiple owners/uses

Hardisty cycles ....the home of the mtb bike....was the slogan ..regular on local radio adverts....eeh them days

Cycleops

Legendary Member
iF unused for a number of years then likely the tyres would be perished, if they were replaced as well as control cables it would be ready to ride. If you didn't want to be bothered with that you could sell as a 'doer upper'. Small frame would limit its appeal.
You could offer it in the classifieds on here.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Last edited:

avecReynolds531

Veteran
Top Bottom