Haro Road Bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I'm after a bit of a project, and this has popped up on my local Gumtree:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/haro-freestyle-road-cycle/1021029610

Seems a decent price and a nice looking frame, especially if the rest of it is 105. Hard to tell from the pictures!

I know that Haro were a kick-ass BMX team back in the day, but that's about it!

Any thoughts or info?

looks well worth it for parts alone if it all works ok

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Yeah it does look rather nice and I'm going for a look tomorrow after work.

You seem to be something of an expert on all things retro @biggs682, when I've bought in the past it's been a cheap stop-gap so I've not really been arsed about the condition or anything. Is there anything I should be looking for in particular?

If I end up buying it I'll have to think of somewhere to hide it from my wife!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Yeah it does look rather nice and I'm going for a look tomorrow after work.

You seem to be something of an expert on all things retro @biggs682, when I've bought in the past it's been a cheap stop-gap so I've not really been arsed about the condition or anything. Is there anything I should be looking for in particular?

If I end up buying it I'll have to think of somewhere to hide it from my wife!
thanks andy first things first check the basics ie quill stem & saddle stem not being stuck in frame happens loads on the older bikes . other than that just check as normal for operation i try to allow for clean & re grease of headset,wheel brgs and bottom bracket .

hiding from wifey is not good

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Cheers @biggs682! I am going without any tools - is there an easy way to check if seatpost/stem are stuck? Or should I just ask the chap if I can borrow his spanners?

I was having another look at it when I got in last night, I hadn't realised I was being watched. A deal has been struck that if I buy it, I need to get rid of the knackered frames that are loitering in the back yard. Not a problem.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
@AndyRM ask to borrow his might pay to take some various tools just in case , what old frames you got ?

Will do. I'll be going straight from work, but we've a toolkit here that I'll take up with me. Good thinking.

The frames are nothing special, and all are gubbed. A paint free Carrerra Subway with a huge dent in the top tube due to a friends encounter with a tree, a Ribble Audax with a split head tube, a random low end Trek MTB and my wife's old 'bike'.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Will do. I'll be going straight from work, but we've a toolkit here that I'll take up with me. Good thinking.

The frames are nothing special, and all are gubbed. A paint free Carrerra Subway with a huge dent in the top tube due to a friends encounter with a tree, a Ribble Audax with a split head tube, a random low end Trek MTB and my wife's old 'bike'.

keep us informed and they do sound like are all gubbed

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Rather annoyed. The seller said he would send me his address yesterday so I could go for a look after work. Didn't happen. Thought he might have been busy so I didn't get in touch until this morning, when he said that it had been bought last night!

Someone's got themselves a nice bike which is fine, but that's poor form on his part I reckon.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Rather annoyed. The seller said he would send me his address yesterday so I could go for a look after work. Didn't happen. Thought he might have been busy so I didn't get in touch until this morning, when he said that it had been bought last night!

Someone's got themselves a nice bike which is fine, but that's poor form on his part I reckon.

bu>>er

Top Bottom