Harrison Ford gets on his bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Even film stars know they don't live for ever so keeping fit does help a little. I saw on FB that Clint Eastwood celebrated his 91st birthday last week and Bjorn Borg was 65 last Monday.
I would like to give Borg my undying thanks (forgive the pun)...

Borg is just a few months younger than me. I was a smoker back in the late 70s, and into the 80s. In summer 1980 I went to an all-night party in Birmingham at which I drank way too much and smoked 60 cigarettes. I got home just before noon on the Sunday and felt like death so I went straight up to bed.

It was the day of the men's singles final at Wimbledon - Borg vs McEnroe. It looked like being an absolute classic so I switched the TV on in my darkened bedroom, with the sound turned low. I watched the match unfold, in awe at the skill and athleticism of those players. And then it struck me... I could barely stagger across my room without coughing my guts up. Bjorn Borg was the same age at me, and look at him go!

That was it, decision made, I gave up smoking there and then. Thanks for the motivation, Bjorn! :okay:

Oh, and this is that classic final...

dodgy

I hope someone makes a plane landing quip soon.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Well he can do the Kessel run in 12 parsecs ! ;)
One of the worst lines in Sci fi. I suspect George stuck it in as it sounds very tech (3.26 light years) but he should have used a time unit instead of distance. Astronomers had a good laugh at that one. I never say I can cross my lounge in less than 4.5m:okay:. SF writers sometimes like to put 'quantum' in things, sounds really sciency^_^.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
One of the worst lines in Sci fi. I suspect George stuck it in as it sounds very tech (3.26 light years) but he should have used a time unit instead of distance. Astronomers had a good laugh at that one. I never say I can cross my lounge in less than 4.5m:okay:. SF writers sometimes like to put 'quantum' in things, sounds really sciency^_^.

You learn something every day ! ;) You mean hyper drive travel isn't possible ? :sad:

Top Bottom