Harry Hall. Lovely.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigjim

Legendary Member
This is my sons Harry Hall.
It's a beautiful looking bike and rides superbly. Lovely condition, can only see a couple of scratches on one fork leg and the STIs have scratches. Unfortunately it is too small for him and me. I would love it. Would make a
great Audax or Light Tourer.
Thick, Glossy Dark Blue paintwork. 631 quality, steel 23" frame. 22.5" T/T
105 brakes
9 speed Tiagra STIs
9 speed cassette. 11-25
Stronglight 46-36 Double
Tiagra front and rear mech
Rigida Flyer rims
Schwalbe Marathon Plus 25C tyres
Will take mudguards and rack.
£325 The bikes in Manchester [Harry Hall country.]
8244766367_09690eaf84_z.jpg
8244767513_370ef3c314_z.jpg
8244766943_e10dce87e3.jpg
8245835128_b4dc82a00e.jpg

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
bit more than I've really got disposable cash right now but I could be persuaded looking at the spec and pics.

Have you still got it and when you say too small, how small are we talking. I'm 5'10" but with a grimpy neck don't like to be too stretched out so if the seatpost can take my legs I'm quite interested and only in Oldham

OP
OP
bigjim

bigjim

Legendary Member
I don't know the exact year but suspect late 90s. Original owner ordered it from Harry Hall and it was built in Birmingham.
Its well worth the price as the frame alone would cost over £500 today. See http://www.brothercycles.com/store. Those tyres are about £27 each. It'll probably go on e-bay in the new year in time for the touring season.
5' 10"/11" is probably spot on size wise. I'm 6'2" and long legged so its a few inches too small for me.

grimpeur

Veteran
Jim,
Can you provide a head tube and top tube measurement in cm's? Also, are the rear dropouts spaced for modern road wheels , ie 130mm or old style 126mm? Are the paintwork and groupset original ? Does seatpost remove? Thanks.

grimpeur

Veteran
I'm sure you can work the cms out yourself. What am I, your mum?:smile:
It's spaced for modern wheels. All original. It was built to order. Seatpost moves fine.

thanks. how do I work out the head tube in cms then? you haven't said what it is in inches.

OP
OP
bigjim

bigjim

Legendary Member
Ooer..
Don't know the head tube and the bike is in my son's garage. I did not post or measure it as I normally size a bike from the seat and top tube.

Top Bottom