Harry Hall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Couple of issues on this morning's ride , somehow I lost the top of my drinks bottle !!

View attachment 370222

And seat post decided to slip down twice .
Its happened to me twice now ....surprise not to say shock when it happened the first time !

woodbutcher

Veteran
Bottle top? l know l've led a shelter life but what is a bottle top "other than the obvious" ?
Belay my last comment....it is a bottle top !
Sort of appropriate to this thread is that since it is 35c here and 60% humidity l have been taking a coffee flask filled with iced water on my 25k ride each day and l have to say that it is totally bloody inadequate...any suggestions for staying hydrated would be welcome.

Belay my last comment....it is a bottle top !
Sort of appropriate to this thread is that since it is 35c here and 60% humidity l have been taking a coffee flask filled with iced water on my 25k ride each day and l have to say that it is totally bloody inadequate...any suggestions for staying hydrated would be welcome.
2 bottles!
Can you remember roughly where about you were when you started getting a wet leg. If so it may be still lying around on the route up to that point.
It is annoying, it happened to me when I lost the end cap of TA Specialities crank whilst on a test ride.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
2 bottles!
Can you remember roughly where about you were when you started getting a wet leg. If so it may be still lying around on the route up to that point.
It is annoying, it happened to me when I lost the end cap of TA Specialities crank whilst on a test ride.

Yeah approx 90% re tracked this morning apart from a main road stretch , no sign found another bottle in cupboard.

Seat pinch bolt sorted yesterday and 25 miles today and no slipping downwards.

IMG_20170828_060757200.jpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well thats 100 miles of riding now done on this machine , well impressed with the feel of it .

IMG_20170901_055157428.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom