Has anybody got Di2 12 speed yet ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Thinking through my regular 30km route in my head I probably got close to 30-40 FD shifts (i.e. to small ring then back is two shifts) so it's not totally outwith reality. There are a fair few ups and downs though, and you probably shift more with a compact than with a 53-39 where you can stay on the smaller ring for longer on the flats.
That's like 1 shift per km. I'd be very surprised.

Twilkes

Guru
That's like 1 shift per km. I'd be very surprised.
I take it you don't live in Scotland. :smile:

I like to keep my cadence and speed up and have a ten speed 50-34 and 11-32 so quite quickly I'm into the larger sprockets on the big ring, granted it might be different running a twelve speed 53-39 and 12-28 where I'd probably spend more time in the little ring.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
I take it you don't live in Scotland. :smile:

I like to keep my cadence and speed up and have a ten speed 50-34 and 11-32 so quite quickly I'm into the larger sprockets on the big ring, granted it might be different running a twelve speed 53-39 and 12-28 where I'd probably spend more time in the little ring.
Nope, but a part of NI that's just as lumpy. I use compact as well and 11/28. I shift front derailleur maybe a few times per hour and that's using the semi sync shifting available on the newer Di2s. And I like to maintain cadence as a priority over pure speed. 👌

Twilkes

Guru
Nope, but a part of NI that's just as lumpy. I use compact as well and 11/28. I shift front derailleur maybe a few times per hour and that's using the semi sync shifting available on the newer Di2s. And I like to maintain cadence as a priority over pure speed. 👌
What can I tell ya, if it gets up to 5% (or less if there's a headwind) I'm down to the small ring, I've found that works better for me than shifting right up to the 32 on the big ring. I don't have to change the batteries in my left hand though. :smile:

Top Bottom