Has anybody recently used the emergency passport service ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Friends passport has gone awol - She is due to travel in 2 weeks

Theres seems conflicting information as to whether you can get a passport that has been lost replaced quite quickly.

This all seems up in the air after covid - wondered if anyone *****Recently****** has used the emergency passport service ?

The website seems to suggest it is up and running - but then getting a slot takes longer than 2 weeks. ?

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My Uncle had to use it in April. I think it took 14 days, arrived just 2 days before they were due to fly.
Probbaly best to ring, although it might take a while to get through. I don't think you're allowed to go to the office now, it's postal only. So if you ring at least you'll know, and then pray it moves through the postal system without delay

vickster

Legendary Member
A friend recently used the standard service for a renewal and had it in 8 days (rather than 10 weeks). Wouldn’t recommend that risk though!

Sharky

Guru
Just renewed my daughters UK passport. All straight forward and done via online.

When it arrived, it was the new black cover one. But slightly surprised that it still referred to Her Majesty, rather then His Majesty.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Better hurry up, anyone wanting to renew their passport. They are going on strike soon.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just renewed my daughters UK passport. All straight forward and done via online.

When it arrived, it was the new black cover one. But slightly surprised that it still referred to Her Majesty, rather then His Majesty.

Our friend is involved in changing the legal stuff over and its a mammoth task as you can imagine, not a simple MS Word 'find and replace'.

PS got my passport back within two weeks.

Top Bottom