Has anyone ever recovered a stolen bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
[My mate in the local bike shop locked up a recently repaired bike outside the door of his shop as the customer was on his way to collect and he needed the room. A few moments later a passerby told him that a middle aged bloke had just cut the lock and ridden off on said bike. Said mate jumped in his car and gave chase, saw bloke on his bike, jumped out of his car and dragged him to the floor while he waited at the lights. He apprehended the man , put bike in the boot, went back to the shop and rang the police. Man made a dash for the door, grabbed another bike and took off again!! This time he couldnt be caught but on return to the shop he realised that the bloke had left his bag behind with his wallet and address. Bike recovered and slightly mentally challenged man collared. Happy ending

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Recovered one that I recognised off the Fixed Gear Gallery...one happy owner got a nice Chistmas Prezzie from Plod...:biggrin:

OP
OP
porteous

porteous

Veteran
Thanks guys, I always find the "Stolen" section really depressing, it's nice to know it sometimes swings in the other direction!

I have had about 5 bikes stolen over the last twenty years - got one back when the Police arrested the guy riding it for another offence.

Another time a couple of guys tried to steal a bike from under me - knocked me down and snatched the bike - somehow managed to get up and grabbed the bike as they made off - they knocked me down again and I got a right kicking as they tried to dislodge me (wearing a cycle helmet does have some uses) - I would like to say I fought them off but they gave up when the amount of noise I was making attracted the attention of someone up the road

Top Bottom