has anyone rode a triple or a quad tandem bike ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dave soi

Regular
has anyone ever riden a triple or a quad tandem bike ? if so what are your experiences and how hard is it going uphills and trough towns cities ?

Alex H

Legendary Member
probably better to ask here (but you will have to register) https://www.tandem-club.org.uk/

classic33

Leg End Member
I've had a go on a ZEM 2, over Manchester way. Side by side quad. Can't say I've seen a tandem quad, one rider behind the other.

Out on the road, I seemed to be given a wider berth by other traffic. Lane had to be claimed, and held, for turning right though.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I've never ridden more than a two-person tandem. The most important thing is a a reasonably compatible pedalling style. The more riders you have, the more difficult it might be to ensure that. And of course, as a tandem gets longer, so it inevitably gets more flexible, so any less-than-smooth techniques will have more effect.

This one was at the Semaine Federale a couple of years ago.

IMG_20170803_151605890_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

OP
OP
D

dave soi

Regular
wow what an amazing bike would love to try a triple or a quad but am in Ireland so not much if any hope of ever trying one out.

Where do you store such a beast?

Think you'd need a hanger:laugh:

Ajax Bay

Guru
No, genuine e-mail from Ribble:
-----Original Message-----
To: <snip>
Sent: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 10:01
Subject: Cycling has changed 4 the better.
<<image>>
RIBBLE FAMDEM
ONE FOR ALL THE FAMILY

qid=4c26c5a6-c42c-dd70-2f31-81027d010000&sig=N4vUU.jpg

Introducing the Ribble Famdem (Family Tandem). It has been designed for those long days in the saddle when you want some company. The 'People Carrier' of our bike range, the Ribble Famdem is ideal for family days out; and thanks to its aero credentials, its no slouch either!

An aerodynamically-designed seating arrangement places the adults at the front and rear, whilst the mid-section is reserved for the kids. Inspired by the way that whales swim with their young, tucked into their slipstream, and the way kangaroos aerodynamically shield their babies in their pouches, you'll get all the benefit of the extra pairs of legs, with none of the drag.

Top Bottom