Has anyone skied Courchevel 1850 in the last week or so?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You're taking the piste.
...talking out of his "middle class crack" - as User76 so eloquently puts it.

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
[QUOTE 3595449, member: 76"]oh, now the truth is coming out, it's the drugs and not the skiing eh Patrick? Jerusalem must be the new in-phrase for middle class crack, like some of the Cheddar youngsters who get over to Weston for some Charlie.[/QUOTE]

You can get high skiing Jerusalem - it's one of the best runs in the world, and you get the weightless flying feeling on the rollers half way down. The Daily Telegraph suggested listening to Jerusalem when you let rip.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
We're driving down so we've got the option of Val Thorens. We generally like to keep high and concentrate on the Saulire run etc. and to get over to St Martin for Jerusalem. No couloirs for me!

Not even the Grand Couloir? Going to Courcheval and missing this run is like going to Memphis and not visiting Gracelands. Or going to Egypt and avoiding the Great Pyramids.

iwantanewbike

Über Member
I was there a few weeks ago.

If you get the three valleys pass, you have a greater choice of lunch venues.
I only once lunched in Courchevel as I was based in Meribel. The restaurant next to the "aeroport" run was about 19EUR for a simple pasta dish. Obviously a stronger GBP helps.

Elsewhere, it's variable - if you lunch up-slope then expect to pay similar. In the central areas of Meribel and Val Thorens there are both expensive and cheap restaurants - the latter serve burger, chips and soft drink for 11EUR - not sure whether this is the same for the central area of Courchevel.

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
I was there a few weeks ago.

If you get the three valleys pass, you have a greater choice of lunch venues.
I only once lunched in Courchevel as I was based in Meribel. The restaurant next to the "aeroport" run was about 19EUR for a simple pasta dish. Obviously a stronger GBP helps.

I remember leaving that place (Cap Horn) about a decade ago, having paid 6EUR for a glass of water. A group of about 15 Brits turned up and one called out "It's my shout, get the beers in, I'm off to the loo."

Top Bottom