Hasebike trailer trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trickletreat

Veteran
I have been thinking about how to progress the school run with my daughter as she gets bigger. At the moment, and for the last year she has been in a Burley trailer.

When I visited ICE, I asked about fitting an Isla trailer bike to the rack, they seemed to think there might be some issues as the rack/trike/ trailer corners differently to the bike combination, but worth a go.

Chris, the designer, suggested looking at a trailer by Hasebike. It can be towed as a trailer, but the child can pedal as well. When in a suitable place, the trailer detaches and has a quick release front wheel, handlebars with breaks and gears. This then allows the child to start their recumbent riding experience!

I travelled down to London on Monday and bought a Hasebike Trets trike/trailer, great bit of kit and now looking forward to daughter growing a few cm to fit it. Will post pics once it is set up.

Does anyone have a solution for secure shoe to pedal attachment for childrens feet, the ones I have seen are aimed at children with special needs and are quite heavy. {daughter is 4 with size 8 1/2 shoe size}

Could you not shorten some toe clips, or there used to be some form of strap especially for keeping feet on pedals, not sure whether suitable for juniors.
Good luck with the Hase, your daughter will love it. I nearly bought a Kettwiesel but chose mine because of the narrower track.

byegad

Legendary Member
Rig some heel traps. Given the height of the pedals and the length of leg involved I'd guess you would be ok even if she does slip a foot off the pedals.

THe "strap" referred to above is possibly the Powergrip...

powergrips-pedal-straps.jpg

OP
OP
trickletreat

trickletreat

Veteran
I tried these straps on a trike when I visited Kevin. Like the simplicity, and a great option to have on spare pedals when not clipping in. I can't find any info suggesting usage with tiny kids feet, attached to bendy wriggling legs.

By trawling the Hasebike web site have found that they do a suitable toe clip and pedal, with a bungy that pulls on to the heal of the childs shoe. I think this is what you mean by heel traps. Will see if I can rig something up myself first, as I think it will be a few months before she will be big enough for the trailer/trike.

Thanks again for replies.

Top Bottom