1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hate hills - but love to watch!

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by girofan, 26 Sep 2007.

1. girofan

girofan New Member

:sad: Hate really steep hills, but I love to watch other poor b***ers on hill climbs.
    Anyone know where and when Wrexham are having their hill climb this season? xx(

2. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I like hills and I want to watch the Sussex/Southeast Hill Climb champs but can't find out when or where it's on. I've tried British Cycling and googling but no dice. If you find a link for Wrexham then let me know please - it may help me to search.
    It's usually on a hill I ride (the Bostal) and I'm intrigued as to what time they do it in compared to my efforts.

3. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Their is a hill up north called the rake, bolton way; found it once by getting lost and considering i found it after getting lost and 30mls covered it was a cinch... :biggrin:

4. romeo

romeo New Member

5. stephec

stephec Legendary Member

Wiggins didn't ride. One of our organisers, Peter from the Lancs Road Club, couldn't get in contact with him all week, on the Saturday night he recieved a text from Bradley saying he couldn't race due to a family crisis. Peter repeatedly apologised for this at the presentation ceremony, and it didn't seem to spoil anyone's day.

If you're up this way and not seen the race turn up next year, it's a good event on closed roads with a pub at the finish, and one about a third of the way up.

Pic's here -

http://lancsroadclub.org.uk/photos/2007/rake/index.htm

and here -

http://groups.msn.com/boltonclarion/lancashirerdclubhillclimb07.msnw

6. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Hill climbs are fantastic events and it is a pity they are confined to around a six week period at the end of the season. The athmosphere surpasses any other form of racing and I don't know why they are not held as evening events throught the summer months. Much better than the scores of tedious ten mile time-trials that litter the calender, I could even be tempted out of retirement if there were enough events to make it worth while.

7. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

I love climbing hills, but never enjoyed the hill climb season....... how to make yourself very very ill in 3 minutes.......xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(:rolleyes:

8. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

It's a hill climb competition in Cheddar this weekend. We are away on holiday though:sad: I would have loved to see the pain:biggrin: