hate to admit it but

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i pride myself on not getting lost and having a good sense of direction and an o level in geography , but after an eventfull drive to Cromer and back a couple of weeks age where we had to take several diversions for one reason or another , we have brought a basic sat nav .......... i ask you a biggs using a sat nav what will the rest of the tribe say !

TVC

Shame on you. What other 'dad' skills are you planning to give up? :whistle:

asterix

Comrade Member
I bought a Satnav last year. On its first outing it took me through Paris. I realised where I was when I saw the Eiffel Tower. Since I'd crossed the Channel I am sure it wasn't Blackpool.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I too pride myself on my navigation skills. I went with a mate to the GP at Brands Hatch, years ago, and I navigated us through London using the moon as reference.

I now use Sat-Nav all the time as it gives me arrival time for getting to work.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I bought a Satnav last year. On its first outing it took me through Paris. I realised where I was when I saw the Eiffel Tower. Since I'd crossed the Channel I am sure it wasn't Blackpool.

NT's Satnav really really tried to take us through the middle of Birmingham on a drive from York to Winchester, as opposed to round it on the quiet Saturday motorways - NT knew this bit of the route, so ignored it. After each junction we passed instead of taking, it said "recalculating" and I swear the tone got more and more narked.

sunnyjim

Driving through Milan and a bit lost. Companion ( who was a a sort of rail geek-ess but more busses, trams, & trollybusses) hops out to look at big map at tram stop. Right, says she, getting back into car - 'Go to the end of this street then wait until a 26 appears going thataway. Follow it for 4 intersections then stop & wait for a 34 going left. Follow it until.. .. etc etc'.
Thus, we navigated through Milano.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Seems there's a few more roosters here, satnav is one thing I could not be without.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Same here, its a handy tool that you can ignore. Most handy at end of journeys locating the precise location, eg a b&b, but I still plan a journey, and check out street view of the destination. Had sat nav for ten years in my car, so its a little out of date but still very useful

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have a satnav and maps in the car. Sometimes the satnav is fantastically useful, other times I wonder if it just wants a joy ride via the scenic route as it can try to direct me miles off course on short journeys and sometimes it can't give me the same route twice on the motorway.:scratch:

It also has a strange habit of directing off a motorway junction just to circumnavigate the roundabout and hen back on again.:wacko:

Top Bottom