Hats - Time for a huge comeback?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shortone

Without a doubt.

The good lady would disagree, but I dont care.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
On a building site, where most of those old photos were taken, everyone will still be wearing a hat.

Good luck with getting the rest of us to wear them.

byegad

Legendary Member
Being of the 'high forehead' myself I always wear a hat out of doors. (Sunburn on the top of the head is extremely painful and keeping my pate warm in cooler weather makes life much more comfortable.) So hats in every shape and colour adorn our house.

I wear woolly hats in winter for running to wrk/training, even if they come off after the first couple of miles
Generally wear one throughout winter fell-races though

I've also got a couple of Akubras, a 'Snowy River', & a shaped (or 'bashed', as he called it) 'Bush Tucker Man' hat - if anyone remembers watching the imported TV series??

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I wear a flat cap most of the time, and a straw Panama when it is hot, or on holiday. I like hats, always have done, even as a child. There is a style of hat to suit everyone. I particularly like women who wear hats. I think they have a certain stylishness about them. Maybe I just have a hat fetish.;)

Doseone

Guru
I don't wear hats through choice, only through necessity - so that's a woolly hat on cold winter runs/ walks, a baseball cap if it's pissing down (prefer it to a hood - can see more), and sadly now starting to need to wear a hat if I'm going to be out in hot sunshine for any length of time. I realise I look like a knobhead, especially with the sunhat, but it does a job.

madferret

Über Member
I sometimes wear a hat/flat cap. One thing that stops me though is that for some reason folk seem to think they have the right to take it off your head and place it on their own. You wouldn't do that with any other item of clothing would you? :angry:

tyred

Legendary Member
I do tend to wear something on my head most of the time - usually baseball cap in summer and woolly hat in winter.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I wear a fleece hat in winter for warmth, and in summer I wear a sun hat at work. It's a bit grubby, but it has flowers printed on it, and I've had people say how much they like it!

Top Bottom