hats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

I saw a man of similar age / appearance to me today, but he was wearing a hat! A trilby / fedora type thing, and a very smart suit.

I was taken aback, because I realised that I too could look like that, with a hat.

One of the greatest sartorial shames of modern times is that we can't look like film noir private detectives without getting the piss ripped out of us.

I have a very nice trilby,re. photo, which I wore back in the day. I to would now like to wear it again, and reclaim the hat as de riguer piece of clothing, but this time without the fear of being called "grandad" and "Mr. Chomondley-Warner."

Noodley

Abitrary said:
I saw a man of similar age / appearance to me today, but he was wearing a hat!

You didn't just forget you were wearing a hat and looking in a window were you?

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Noodley said:
You didn't just forget you were wearing a hat and looking in a window were you?

I only wish I had the guts and moral fibre and nous to wear a decent trilby.

I have one somewhere, but it's mainly for round the house stuff... drinking expressos and playing chess against my chess machine.

Dave5N

Über Member
Abitrary said:
I only wish I had the guts and moral fibre and nous to wear a decent trilby.

I have one somewhere, but it's mainly for round the house stuff... drinking expressos and playing chess against my chess machine.

I wish you ever showed the slightest sign of guts or moral fibre. You'ld still be a tw*t, with or without a hat.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

I was thinking about the warmth factor of trilbys, and maybe a deer stalker would be a better choice.

Noodley

Abitrary said:
I was thinking about the warmth factor of trilbys, and maybe a deer stalker would be a better choice.

I wear a deer stalker sometimes.

I (genuinely) have a few styles of hats which I wear.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Noodley said:
I wear a deer stalker sometimes.

I (genuinely) have a few styles of hats which I wear.

Well, yes, you even see youngsters wearing those ironic deer stalkers sometimes.

I myself wear benny hats and I've now got a Coldplay army type hat, which I bought from Gap.

But you can't just wear a trilby without a decent suit and shoes.

Noodley

Abitrary said:
Well, yes, you even see youngsters wearing those ironic deer stalkers sometimes.

I myself wear benny hats and I've now got a Coldplay army type hat, which I bought from Gap.

But you can't just wear a trilby without a decent suit and shoes.

Nothing ironic about my hat wearing - I can just look great in all kinds of hats! It must be hard for those who struggle.

Noodley

Dave5N said:
I have a slightly disturbing mental image of you with a pipe and sideburns. :rolleyes:

Given your more than slightly disturbing mental images of me from another thread, I would say that is a preferable image for you to hold ;):laugh:

Top Bottom