Have just complained..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
Around lunchtime I dismounted to cross using a pedestrian island. A van driver turned left across my path, not having indicated. Fortunately I stopped because I am sure he would not have done so in time. As he passed I noticed he was holding a phone in one hand probably why he didn't indicate and wasn't really looking where he was going.

So, no harm done, luckily for me, but I decided to give the company a call to see what they thought of their drivers poor (and illegal) performance. Not sure I really got anywhere though, I didn't have the reg they kept saying, although I did know time and place. It's a big company - Babcock Rail.

I might give them a call later to see if they have done anything but should have got the reg, I guess..

(didn't tell them I was a cyclist, because at the time I was on foot.)

Davidsw8

If it's a big company, they often have tracking on their vehicles so if you have the exact time and place they can ID the driver - especially with some kind of description of the driver!

If this is in London, might be worth mentioning RoadSafe London to them, that might jog their ability to ID the perp!

OP
OP
asterix

asterix

Comrade Member
If it's a big company, they often have tracking on their vehicles so if you have the exact time and place they can ID the driver - especially with some kind of description of the driver!

If this is in London, might be worth mentioning RoadSafe London to them, that might jog their ability to ID the perp!

TBH they didn't give me the impression they took it that seriously. Unfortunately it's not London but York.

sabian92

Über Member
TBH they didn't give me the impression they took it that seriously. Unfortunately it's not London but York.

Go in and see them face to face - it's surprising how much difference it makes. The only time I've ever had a real result was doing this (with Arriva).

Top Bottom