Have the shirts started arriving???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Unlikely Maggot, Will was not expecting delivery to him until Thursday or Friday looking to get them out to people beginning of next week.

postman

Legendary Member
Yes i was .Being and old fa t.I paid by cheque direct.including postage and packing.Sorry i have put the previous up just to let you know that they are on the way.Not to brag.We will all have them very soon.Just a few more days.

postman

Legendary Member
Apologies to every one.I was so excited i just had to let you know the order was on its way.I was not trying to score any points.

postman

Legendary Member
I was 34 years.You could refuse it.Then it would go back to the sender.Or you could pay and ask the sender for your money back.Royal Mail have lost large amounts of revenue with the wrong postage being paid.Some in my opinion did it knowing it was underpaid.

Will1985

Über Member
Here is an interesting question which we were thinking at work yesterday: what would happen if you sent a letter to the Royal Mail (offices, asking to stop delivering junk) but you didn't put a stamp on - would they have to pay themselves, or send it back demanding payment?!?!?

User76 said:
Are you a postman? If so, could you explain why 24p under payment results in me not getting my delivery, and having to pay £1.24 to pick it up:ohmy: Could I have it returned to sender, then re-mailed with the correct postage, thus only paying 24p charges???

Robbing gits:angry:
You're paying a handling charge which pays for the time taken faffing about with post that has been sent underpaid, as well as recouping the loss of revenue. The sender should be the one paying, but that would never happen, harsh reality says that the person who wants the item gets held to ransom. You do have the option of seeing the item (although you can't open it) and deciding whether you want to pay or not. In which case it would be sent back. Whether it gets re-sent is down to you and the sender.

*9 years with RM.

User76 said:
If I sent it back would the original sender get charged 48p, 24p for the original error and 24p on the way back?
Er, pass! I suspect they will just get it returned to them with a little red undeliverable label on with the 'insufficient postage' box ticked. It would be fairer to tax them for the error but sadly that would probably prove too expensive and difficult to administer.

Pete

I remember the good old days when the postman merely knocked on the door and asked for double. Which, seeing as a standard letter in those days cost 3d, meant that you got done for 6d. Also, I think the GPO (as it was) used to attach a special POSTAGE DUE sticker which already had the exact excess amount printed on it. I knew a stamp collector who deliberately posted underpaid packets to himself so that he could collect these stickers in all their denominations. Sad, really.

Oh, and I'm eagerly awaiting my shirt too!

Top Bottom