Have you been Wordle-ing (no spoilers please)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Location
Scotland
Wordle 1,933 3/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟨🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Location
Gloucester
The problem arises when people make comments about the word, (for example if someone were to say something along the lines of "that's a French word", or "that's an abbreviation") that could give hints. Personally I avoid the thread until I've done it, but all the same, it is a no spoilers thread so that shouldn't make any difference.

If you want to work backwards from other people's patterns to glean a hint that sounds to me like extremely cerebral advanced puzzle solving rather than cheating. For me it would make the exercise harder.
A while ago I decided to try exactly this. I looked at the patterns posted by all the regulars over the previous few days and tried to infer what starter word they might be using. As expected, some were clearly changing from day to day so their contributions weren't going to be any help.

It took me six days to get a 1 - the word was UNTIE. Before that I'd had a nervy 6 when I'd been reluctant to accept that my initial inferences were completely incorrect.

So I'd say it's a highly worthwhile exercise if you want to spice up the game a bit. Just don't boast about getting two 1s in a week without admitting how you achieved it.

Here's my result from today. If it's of any interest, my starter word rarely changes. ;)

Wordle 1,933 3/6*

⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
🟨⬜🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Top Bottom