Have you been Wordle-ing (no spoilers please)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wordle 205 3/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨🟨 Third day, second 3/6
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sharky

Guru
That had me stumped for a while
Wordle 205 5/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Four moves. How are people posting the coloured squares without revealing the answer?

It's a fun little game though the secret to cracking it quickly soon becomes obvious. I was under three minutes this morning.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Wordle 205 5/6

β—ΌοΈπŸŸ¨β—ΌοΈβ—ΌοΈβ—ΌοΈ
β—ΌοΈπŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β—ΌοΈπŸŸ¨
β—ΌοΈβ—ΌοΈπŸŸ©β—ΌοΈπŸŸ¨
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β—ΌοΈβ—ΌοΈβ—ΌοΈ
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Wordle 205 4/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ah, that's it!!!

lazybloke

Considering a new username
4 Yesterday. 5 today.

Four moves. How are people posting the coloured squares without revealing the answer?

It's a fun little game though the secret to cracking it quickly soon becomes obvious. I was under three minutes this morning.
What secret?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
4 Yesterday. 5 today.

What secret?
I don't want to spoil the fun for people so if you wish I'll message you the full explanation. The answer isn't in the spoiler but a broad hint is.

Basically this is a process of identifying/eliminating letters and then spotting a pattern. The first line is an outright guess but there is a way to significantly improve the odds that guess will reveal/eliminate letters.

I hope I'm not sounding a clever dick but I have an odd ability to see anagrams, letter patterns etc. almost immediately. It took me one attempt to spot the hack.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
To give an example I like to do the Guardian Word Wheel on a Saturday. This weekend the letters were OUNHUPIEM. I simply looked at it, no thought process, and saw euphonium. I can't explain it, I can just do it.

Tenkaykev

Guru
To give an example I like to do the Guardian Word Wheel on a Saturday. This weekend the letters were OUNHUPIEM. I simply looked at it, no thought process, and saw euphonium. I can't explain it, I can just do it.
It's strange, Mrs Tenkaykev like to do the Saturday cryptic in the "i" newspaper. I glanced across the table and was looking at an upside down partially completed word and saw it immediately without the clue. I think the fact that the letters are jumbled up in a wheel make it more difficult, if I write the letters down in a line it becomes easier to solve. ( and on a slightly related topic, we don't read sequentially right to left, our eyes are constantly scanning different parts of a sentence as well as the lines around the one we are reading )πŸ€”

PaulSB

Legendary Member
It's strange, Mrs Tenkaykev like to do the Saturday cryptic in the "i" newspaper. I glanced across the table and was looking at an upside down partially completed word and saw it immediately without the clue. I think the fact that the letters are jumbled up in a wheel make it more difficult, if I write the letters down in a line it becomes easier to solve. ( and on a slightly related topic, we don't read sequentially right to left, our eyes are constantly scanning different parts of a sentence as well as the lines around the one we are reading )πŸ€”
It's a strange one. For a crossword anagram I will initially write the letters in a circle which I learned from my mother. If this doesn't give the answer quickly I will then write a line of dashes of the same number of letters and visualise the letters in certain spots. For me I either get the answer very fast or I have to sweat it! It's strange.

OUNHUPIEM is very simple. I think my brain processes it like this. In a long word there is a very strong chance the PH will be together. We have two Us and an I and E. It's almost a certainty there will be a combination of EU, UE, UI and IU, those are limited and by adding the M it simply has to be IUM. With five out of nine identified the solution is clear.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Wordle 205 5/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Does everyone have the same word? Or are they random? I just got one in 4 but I won't say what it is in case of spoilers

Top Bottom