Have you been Wordle-ing (no spoilers please)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Wordle 220 5/6

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Not done it for a few days.:becool:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
On a slightly different point - apparently there is a 'app' that will tell you tomorrow's word if you share your score

????
what on Earth is the point
Unless you want to show off - and think you are 'clever' by doing so
Hmmm ... How would you show off?

Get it in one every time? Nah, that would just show you were either weirdly lucky or a cheat.
Get it in two every time? Again the same would apply.
Get it in 3 or 4, to make it look less like cheating? Hmmm ... this is getting unimpressive.

It's an interesting conundrum. How to look impressive without obviously cheating.

Sharky

Guru
The worst scenario, when you get 4 hits and have to blind guess the unknown.

I lost this time!!
Only 23:49 to the next go.

Wordle 221 X/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sharky

Guru
Wordle 221 3/6

Does the game reject non-words? Don’t want to waste a line trying :laugh:
Yep

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Apparently there's a way of interrogating it to get the code which tells you how the word is generated so you can get the full list in advance.

I'd certainly be interested in knowing how it works, but as you rightly point out, it would take all the fun out of playing it.
What interests me is other people's techniques and starter words. I'm always interested when people refer to guesses as I think the number of guesses is limited. Obviously the first line is a guess but once a green or yellow is established it becomes a thought through process of combining letter elimination and word building. It can though reach a stage where it does become a straight guess and that's when I feel my guess is based on trying to decide how difficult Wordle is trying to make the game.

Some games one reaches a point when only two or three answers are possible and that is a straight guess.

Top Bottom