Have you changed your style in the last 20 years?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Jeans / shorts .. black jeans for work, blue for other times. Shorts all year round. T-shirts, trainers ....
We often joke about the military “off duty” uniform I’ve been wearing since 1975.

No. 2 hair since i went to the Falklands in ’82 ...
Although it was dyed blonde last month, Julie was doing hers and had some left over .... sort of like tiger stripes now...^_^

Drago

Legendary Member
I have to say I wear jeans when out and about, but the older I get the more poor fitting the seem and the more uncomfortable they get. As a consequence when im vegging at home im either in joggers - which Mrs D hates - or shorts.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I mean, who'd want to change their style from this!?

The wonderful shell suit...

1980s-shell-suits-from-Blue17-vintage.jpg

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Jeans / shorts .. black jeans for work, blue for other times. Shorts all year round. T-shirts, trainers ....
We often joke about the military “off duty” uniform I’ve been wearing since 1975.

No. 2 hair since i went to the Falklands in ’82 ...
Although it was dyed blonde last month, Julie was doing hers and had some left over .... sort of like tiger stripes now...^_^

Ha, I get this. Levis, t-shirt, but dessie boots are getting harder to find :laugh:

As a young buck (stop laughing) I wore Jeans except I think they were called work jeans Had a narrow pocket down the side of the leg to stow your ruler When I was at nursing school one lecturer wouldn’t allow the wearing of jeans .His described them as cheap nasty cotton with an expensive logo.This from a man who wore drip dry see through nylon shirt with a string vest underneath :wacko::wacko::wacko:

My work trousers have a long pocket like you describe, along with various smaller ones which I use for gloves, knife, chisel, et c.

Even better the trousers have a second one for a spare ruler, because when you have a ruler people frequently ask to "borrow" it...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
calling mods.
Please move to picture gallery thread.
...cardigans by day, lingerie at night.
:eek:
Absolutely not!
*shudders*
:okay:

Johnsco

Old Fettler
Do all engineers have rough-arses?

I’m asking for a friend who’d like to know.
Not all engineers have rough arses.
Some work is nice, posh design offices with design screens and carpets on the floor.
I'm afraid my working life has been in a rough-arsed metal bashing works.
There were 6500 of us when I stated there.
I'm pretty-much the last man standing.
I've shut a few places in my time - But that was certainly the biggest.

Top Bottom