Have you got a licence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Maybe this will trigger the end of the absurdity of the TV licence fee,

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I have but only at home when I presume the TV licence covers it. Anywhere else would use my data allowance up in one chunk I presume!

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I have but only at home when I presume the TV licence covers it. Anywhere else would use my data allowance up in one chunk I presume!
I'm pretty sure that your TV license covers you to watch TV away from home. Such as caravan owners can have a TV in the caravan on their home license. If not there are a lot of middle class law breakers out there. My dad being one :whistle:.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
The licence will be of the home address of the viewer.

While I have a smartphone I neither have a good 4g connection, good data plan nor the battery capacity to waste watching BBC iplayer on it. Give me unlimited data and a big battery, maybe I'll reconsider :dry:

I'm pretty sure that your TV license covers you to watch TV away from home. Such as caravan owners can have a TV in the caravan on their home license. If not there are a lot of middle class law breakers out there. My dad being one :whistle:.

Technically you need to fill in a forum declaring "the TV at my home address will never be in use at the same time as the one in my mobile home". If you can't declare that you have to buy a second licence! Realistically though, I don't very much a TV detector van roams around caravan parks searching for prey and checking for declaration forms :smile:

chriswoody

Legendary Member
I watch the iPlayer all the time for both live and old programs, though I don't have a license. Why? Well as an expat there is no provision for me to have one, though I wouldn't object too much. I currently use a vpn tunnel to access all regionally restricted content like the beeb and 4od.

It is only required if you watch "live TV"

If you use IPlayer, 4OD etc and watch after the original broadcast there is no requirement for a license at all.

This came up a few years ago when there was a suggestion that because a device was "capable" of receiving live TV then it should be licensed

However this was correctly deemed absurd

All that is needed is to set the site so that live TV can only be watched if a valid license number is entered

Top Bottom