Having a night off.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
By the looks of it, unless the agency phone later and find me a job. I was doing regular work on tankers, but apparently booking a day's holiday with ten days' notice is enough to get you sacked these days.;) I'm hoping the bloke struggles to find anyone to cover what I was doing, then I can tell him to shove it up his arse when he phones and asks me to go back in. But I doubt that'll happen.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can't do that....surely....?

Bad Company

The Next Stig !
That's the drawback with freelance agency work. It generally pays better than normal employment but they can drop you whenever they feel like it.

Bad luck.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Jesus RT - what a knob. It's not like you called in on Thursday asking for Friday off.

Complete tosser.

ttcycle said:
Jesus RT - what a knob. It's not like you called in on Thursday asking for Friday off.

Complete tosser.

That's what I thought. Granted, it's not the first time I've needed Friday off, but I always take it as holiday and I have a right to take my holiday whenever I like. I even offered to work Sunday to make up for it, as if I owed him that much. Oh well, I was getting bored with the job anyway: sitting around reading books for ten hours is all very well, but the working day doesn't half drag!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Nevermind RT- hope the agency sorts you out something better. BTW it might be written into your contract in that your holiday is to the discretion of the manager/company- often it's not the case that people can take annual leave when they want it- all that gumph about business needs.

Good luck and to better things!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Tough Luck RT. But if he's that difficult to keep happy, perhaps you're better off somewhere else. Meantime - get some pedalling done while the weather is good.

BTW - what is it with R-on-W these days? Went there on Sunday and all the Cafes were shut. :blush:

Top Bottom