having a rest day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markg0vbr

Über Member
I have booked the week off work so a bit of a ride is in the offing.
a plan came together, a visit to relatives in Scarborough, then back a different way.
simple! as it is 94.? miles house to house a trip to my parents house to bid good bye to my ikle one would give me a 100 mile ride, simple!
so i get to the house to say good bye to the back of my sons head (foot ball on dad), i then get handed a package the size of three shoe boxes and waying at least 7lbs :blink: er "well as you are going there any way you might as well take this :eek:
my luck was holding, so with a full load of camping gear a good stiff head wind and a planed route that gets lumpy a bit at the end simple!
the rid was just relaxing, i was not going to make any records but at a steady just over 11 mph average i was fine at the end, had a nice tea some bear and bed.
the next day was a steady 35 mile ride to a camp sight near hull, tranquil in a fantastic setting at the side of a lake, bliss.
er for about two hours,

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
I have booked the week off work so a bit of a ride is in the offing.
a plan came together, a visit to relatives in Scarborough, then back a different way.
simple! as it is 94.? miles house to house a trip to my parents house to bid good bye to my ikle one would give me a 100 mile ride, simple!
so i get to the house to say good bye to the back of my sons head (foot ball on dad), i then get handed a package the size of three shoe boxes and weighing at least 7lbs :blink: er "well as you are going there any way you might as well take this :eek:
my luck was holding, so with a full load of camping gear a good stiff head wind and a planed route that gets lumpy a bit at the end simple!
the rid was just relaxing, i was not going to make any records but at a steady just over 11 mph average i was fine at the end, had a nice tea some bear and bed.
the next day was a steady 35 mile ride to a camp sight near hull, tranquil in a fantastic setting at the side of a lake, bliss.
er for about two hours, up to two netto mums turned up with there kids:sad: three hours of trying to put a tent up partly inside out, funny at first but as the language got worse, the kids wondered off and went Ferrell, a chap brought two back how had dragged a inflatable boat from under his Nambour's caravan then set off across the lake. he was told to keep his nose out as the kids have to play( i have changed this a bit ):blush: with the tent semi erect one drove off still screaming abuse at the other she came back later very the worse for drink with take out food and beer.
it was like going to Africa to see how the wild chimps live :whistle:

i was packed up by 8:30 and went over to the car park to do breakfast. then a good 53mile ride through hull over the bridge and back up to a small sight just out side of gool, the sun came out, the book was good, feet up.
a nice 40mile ride home for a day of rest. just one odd ball riding through gool came past "hi how do" nothing, ok i get this now and then from the odd df, but taking different route we came out on the same road a bit later, i pulled up along side "ok pal?" he jumps up and sprints off then keeping roughly 12ft in front up to me turning off, must be a gool thing. last time i came through a 20 plus st old mad ran in to my trike out side a shop with his mobility scooter full speed, then drove off, my rigid plastic panniers took all the impact and can be claimed to be hells granddad proof.
i am now planing the rest of the week:biggrin:

n-ick

Awesome. I find that soaking a dozen chilli , then filling up the water bottle works well for dogs, invalid carriages and the spawn of Netto ( Swedish for crap). Where can you get a good chilli spray?

Word of warning though, on the hottest day of the year ,try not reaching forward and take a good long swig. The scream was heard in Skeggie.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
BILD0583.jpg

the bike with all the camping stuff on

Top Bottom