Having a tinkle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A rider on Paris Nice was caught on television being caught short.

I was aware the pros - same as me - stop for a pee at the side of the road.

But I didn't realise they did it while riding along.

This rider was towards front of the peloton when he started peeeing onto the road.

No easy feat, I couldn't get my willy out, let alone aim, while riding.

Not sure what those riding near him thought - there must have been some splashing.

It was towards the end of the stage, so I suppose had he stoppped he wouldn't have been able to regain his place in the peloton.

Does this happen often?

Is there a general etiquette for peeing during a race?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They do it all the time, but they usually keep out of the way of the cameras, or the TV director quickly realises and switches to a different camera. Sometimes their teammates push them along while they are doing it.

I would have thought that you wouldn't make friends in the peloton if you made a habit of doing it towards the front of the bunch and potentially spraying your fellow riders!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
main-qimg-f3ba4b2b04016cb730022edf93c565d7-c.jpg

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
It's frowned upon where spectators line the roadside (though it has happened).

My favourite story is of George Berwick (Mr McNasty) being interviewed on Scottish radio. He was asked about the Scottish 24hr record (which he still holds).

Aye, he said, I was really trying that time. I didnae stop for anything, not even a pee...

[pause for effect]

...which is quite difficult when you're riding a fixed-wheel.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
A rider on Paris Nice was caught on television being caught short.

I was aware the pros - same as me - stop for a pee at the side of the road.

But I didn't realise they did it while riding along.

This rider was towards front of the peloton when he started peeeing onto the road.

No easy feat, I couldn't get my willy out, let alone aim, while riding.

Not sure what those riding near him thought - there must have been some splashing.

It was towards the end of the stage, so I suppose had he stoppped he wouldn't have been able to regain his place in the peloton.

Does this happen often?

Is there a general etiquette for peeing during a race?
I can pee whilst descending at 40 mph. Once I leant over too much when cornering and peeing, that was painful.

Siclo

Veteran
greg lemonds method is to dump in a team mates hat

But these days you'd need permission to take your lid off and they'd probably make you put it back on.

Top Bottom