Hay fever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Is tree pollen out all ready? I seem to be suffering, but seems early, but then I do get it early season and then it fades off usually?

anyone else suffering?

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Been taking antihistamines since mid February.

Hmm - it is getting to that sort of time

I always stop taking antihistamines over winter because I prefer not to take drugs that I don't need

but I will have to start soon I suspect

Did go out yesterday and around fields and trees - and we have trees at the bottom of the garden - and not problem so far

Maybe it is working its way North

thanks for the warning!!

It's usually hazel pollen in February, and now you start getting into bullace and blackthorn.

Am sneezing somewhat, but it's still not what I'd class as needing meds for. It's elderflower pollen (mid May) that really gets me.

Tree pollen can start as early as mid-January, if the weather's right for it, so depending on the trees you react to, your hayfever can start then.
My hayfever usually starts the 2nd week in February - it did this year - and keeps going until end April/mid May.
If I nip it in the bud with a full week of anti-histamines right at the beginning, it usually stays mainly 'at bay' with on or two short flare-ups which I can deal with with a nasal spray. But if it's a bad flare-up I go back on the anti-histamines for another week. Not had to do that for a few years, though, and wearing a mask DEFINITELY helps when out and about in pollen-y areas.

Top Bottom