England : Northumberland Haydon Hundred

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Thanks for the heads up, that looks fun... might give it a try, when I've considered dates, entry costs etc. Also considering the Wooler Wheel Borderlands on 17th May...

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Anyone else signed up? All places have been filled but I believe you can go on a waiting list should anyone drop out.

Did a couple of 80km rides 6 weeks ago so I reckon I'll be going at a fairly leisurely pace...

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Reflecting on the ride, I believe I've had what can only be described as 'a mare'. Within 10k the area behind my knees was on fire, leading me to suspect knackered tendons or something. So I decided to take the shorter 60k route. Just as well since my pedal sheared the crank, leaving me 25k with one leg. My left leg is utterly buggered as my rested right looks across laughing at it.

A friendly ride with good marshalling and signposting, as well as a cracking hog roast at the end. Will ride again next year with better training, and hopefully a bike that won't betray me.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Reflecting on the ride, I believe I've had what can only be described as 'a mare'. Within 10k the area behind my knees was on fire, leading me to suspect knackered tendons or something. So I decided to take the shorter 60k route. Just as well since my pedal sheared the crank, leaving me 25k with one leg. My left leg is utterly buggered as my rested right looks across laughing at it.

A friendly ride with good marshalling and signposting, as well as a cracking hog roast at the end. Will ride again next year with better training, and hopefully a bike that won't betray me.
:sad:

Top Bottom