Hayfever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello and welcome, mine has arrived - the recent sunny weather must have brought the tree pollen out
Hope it doesn't get too bad.
Can be terrible.
I used to get it something terrible when young.
Seem to remember that I had some course of injections or pills one year and it was slightly slightly better after that.
then it just naturally faded with age - hardly an issue for quite some time.

edit - maybe moving to London and its traffic fumes for university helped a tad.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Mine (eary season - tree pollen) is up and down, and hasn't been too bad in recent years. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
T4tomo

T4tomo

Legendary Member
touch wood mine usually doesn't get too bad and comes and goes a bit, getting on to the Anti H's at the first sign is key as it usually takes 2 or 3 days to settle down.

touch wood mine usually doesn't get too bad and comes and goes a bit, getting on to the Anti H's at the first sign is key as it usually takes 2 or 3 days to settle down.
the modern pills def help - when younger the hayfever often hit during the school exam season which was a big problem - but the old pills were worse than the fever - made you very sleepy.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I seem to be a bit unusual in that I do not suffer from hay fever or any other allergies. I do have some dietary restrictions which are recent and due to hiatus hernia. :sad:

grumpydad

I've had a stinking cold since last Tuesday, so I'm not sure if my hayfever has arrived yet or not🤷‍♂️
however I have my loratadine and beconase on standby:okay:

I had to give in and start taking antihistamines again as my eyes were very itchy earlier today. Tree pollen is what gets me, and then later, elderflowers. Grass, not so much.

Am lucky that half a cetirizine tablet a day is enough to keep things (mostly) under control.

I've had a stinking cold since last Tuesday, so I'm not sure if my hayfever has arrived yet or not🤷‍♂️
however I have my loratadine and beconase on standby:okay:

A wee tip - Boots do an own brand version of Beconase that's typically 1/3 cheaper (sometimes half price if on offer) than Beconase.

I take the stuff when needed for an unrelated chronic sinus issue under the guidance of my Quack. I'd have it prescribed otherwise, but since I have to pay for prescriptions, it's just way cheaper to buy OTC.

icowden

Veteran
Hello and welcome, mine has arrived - the recent sunny weather must have brought the tree pollen out
Around here the tree pollen has been out for a few weeks. My older daughter has to take cetirizine, eye drops and a nasal spray - and that's after 3 years of allergy tolerance injections...

grumpydad

A wee tip - Boots do an own brand version of Beconase that's typically 1/3 cheaper (sometimes half price if on offer) than Beconase.

I take the stuff when needed for an unrelated chronic sinus issue under the guidance of my Quack. I'd have it prescribed otherwise, but since I have to pay for prescriptions, it's just way cheaper to buy OTC.
Thanks for the tip, however I live in the Republic of Cymru, we have free prescriptions here, which is useful🙂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Thanks for the tip, however I live in the Republic of Cymru, we have free prescriptions here, which is useful🙂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

I am going a very fetching shade of green, here... :blush: £9.20 here in deepest, darkest East Anglia the last time I looked. :sad: Mum gets for free, but I don't. Hey ho, c'est la vie.

Really bad pollen levels here today. Need to take out shares in Cushelle.

Mine starts with tree pollen in February ... birch or alder usually, the wind-pollinated ones. Actual flowering trees don't bother me much, so it's damping down a bit by now. It'll flair up again later when the grass pollens (again, wind-borne) start ...

Top Bottom