Hayfever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fullfathom5

I suffer from sinus problems anyway but my hay fever has been really bad for the past few weeks (congestion in nose and ears, sinus pressure, sore eyes, slight breathlessness and brain fog). Does anybody else also find it causes fatigue?

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I buy ten packets of antihistamines from Aldi in late Feb start taking in early March stop at the end of June job done give it no more thought than that.

keithmac

Guru
I was on here to ask if there was a magic bullet.

I take Cetrazine (sp), but hasn't touched the sides over last month. Worst it's ever been this year.

newts

Veteran
I was on here to ask if there was a magic bullet.

I take Cetrazine (sp), but hasn't touched the sides over last month. Worst it's ever been this year.

It may be worth swapping over to loratadine for a couple of weeks to see if it gives more relief.
I've been up & down with hayfever since march, May was particularly bad for me this year.
Regular showers to get pollen out of skin, hair & vaseline around your nostrils helps.

I've been struggling these last couple of weeks, mainly because I've only been taking meds when I *really* need it as opposed to habitually, simply because of the supply issues - not been able to get my usual meds and Beconase just isn't cutting it this year. (It's been on the news a time or two about shortages of hayfever meds.)

I can only take Cetirizine Hydrochloride, because Loratadine makes me either throw up or want to throw up. And hayfever or no, I'm not paying for the privilege of swapping one misery for another.

Finally managed to get some Cetirizine this afternoon in Tesco, so grabbed two boxes of 30. There were only half a dozen boxes, so didn't want to be rude by taking more.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I've been struggling these last couple of weeks, mainly because I've only been taking meds when I *really* need it as opposed to habitually, simply because of the supply issues - not been able to get my usual meds and Beconase just isn't cutting it this year. (It's been on the news a time or two about shortages of hayfever meds.)

I can only take Cetirizine Hydrochloride, because Loratadine makes me either throw up or want to throw up. And hayfever or no, I'm not paying for the privilege of swapping one misery for another.

Finally managed to get some Cetirizine this afternoon in Tesco, so grabbed two boxes of 30. There were only half a dozen boxes, so didn't want to be rude by taking more.

We'd been stuggling to find it in the supermarkets, Amazon have cetirizine.

Seems to be plenty on the bay - I usually buy the generic stuff in bulk as I take at least one a day, every day (mainly for food allergies).

This is what I usually buy - like everything else post-covid it's gone up in price but is still only around 2p per tablet so could be worse!

FWIW I also find the Boots Sodium Cromoglycate drops good for when the eyes get grotty.

Last edited:
I always buy the generic stuff. :smile:

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
I started with it a 53 last year:sad:
I take Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Loratadine daily and use a mometasone furoate spray when it get really bad but they just don't touch it.I recently asked my GP(face to face!!!!) about the possibility of stronger treatments and was told they have nothing stronger than over the counter stuff and no longer offer anything on prescription:angry:
Her advice was to take all the different tablet forms of antihistamine at the same time:wacko: or pay for the yearly injection:rolleyes:

I will be having the injection to see if that helps.

Mike_P

Guru
I suffer at odd times of the year outside normal high pollen periods and actually got referred to an eye clinic before they realised what to the cause was as I previously had not had an issue. Consequently not knowing when it's more likely to be an issue I take Loratadine daily sourced from either Aldi or Lidl.

Top Bottom