Hazard - Byng Place WC1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Anyone else travelling in the Gordon Sq area noticed/reported the traffic count machine placed approx on S side of Byng Place approx 20m east of Malet St?

It's one of those devices that relies on cables stretched accross the road. In this case they cross the kerb and then descend at 45 degrees to meet the road surface about 18inches out. You'd need to be nearer the side than I habitually ride but it could easily have you off.

Reported it to Camden on Monday and by today they'd responded by wrapping red/white/blue tape round the offending section. Not good enough and I'll be back on them tomorrow!!

PrettyboyTim

Despite the fact it's a bit slow, I normally use the cycle path on the north side so I hadn't noticed it. I'll try to remember to keep an eye out on Monday morning when I next pass. I wonder if it might be worth me taking the road on that section actually - I could capture it on my bikecam.

OP
OP
Bromptonaut

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
My passage this morning just happened to co incide with presence of two Camden street wardens. They radioed in to report it resulting in the application of more red/white/blue tape!!!

It's still a hazard in the dark or if concealed by a vehicle until the last minute.

Keep hoping a kerbing HGV will knock it out!!!

Top Bottom