He sells stolen bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Bloody Hell Ausra, you've been in Liverpool a few weeks and already been robbed?
You've done well, I'm surprised it took that long.

those locals lads are slacking.

:smile:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Crimestoppers are an example of an NGO that collate figures on crime in the UK, are you saying that they are corrupt also. I haven't seen you give any explanation or figures with references for the so called fudging of the data. I do get sick of seeing the stereotyping of where I live, because whilst in jest it is humorous, it continues to influence peoples attitudes to this great and vibrant city!

An experiment to see how quickly thieves would steal an unlocked bicycle has exploded a popular myth about at least one place.

Researchers put a new bike in 10 cities and saw how long it took to be stolen.

The bicycle that lasted the longest - almost four hours - was in bustling Mathew Street in Liverpool.

"Light-fingered Scousers" have often been the butt of jokes but in fact thieves in London acted fastest, stealing the £130 bike in just 17 minutes.

Next was Glasgow at 1hr 30mins and Birmingham at nearly two hours.

It took between two hours and 3hrs 15mins for the bikes to go in Bristol, Norwich, Newcastle, Manchester, Cardiff and Portsmouth.

The test was carried out by insurer More Than.

Liverpool, as a city of fewer than 500,000 people, has punched above its weight culturally, scientifically and in sport.

It has one of the largest hospitals in Europe, a renowned school of tropical medicine, England's most successful football team and enough theatres and art galleries to shake a stick at.

Despite the economic destruction wrought on it, and the decay of its spectacular architecture, Liverpool remains a magnificent and powerful city which is a party capital and a good place to walk around.

Liverpool is not the city of thieves, dole cheats, drug dealers, rioters and strikers.

So stop giving us a hard time.

And one more thing... Scousers really are funny.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPIsTKpAoE4

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ausra, Liverpool is a city full of thieves. Do you know that Liverpool dock workers stole so much from the cotton industrialists of Manchester that the Manchester people even put their resources together to build a canal from beyond Liverpool docks to Manchester so that ships could load and unload at Manchester without the need to go through Liverpool? Liverpool committed commercial suicide in the 1800s and is still suffering the consequences today. There are more and better hotels in all the provincial towns of Britain that are desperate for honest reliable workers because they are sick of the useless, lazy thieving workshy British workers that the Job Centre sends them. And it's not only hotels, I have a friend who employs Polish people in his flower-growing business and loves them because they work hard and they turn up on time every day, sober and keen to do an honest day's work. I know it's easy for me to say this but you would do better to relocate to somewhere decent like Bath, Cheltenham, Cambridge, Harrogate, Chester or Stratford on Avon where there is plenty of tourism and good hotels as well as good cycling in the area.

You can read abut the Manchester ship canal here: http://en.wikipedia....ster_Ship_Canal

"There are more and better hotels in all the provincial towns of Britain that are desperate for honest reliable workers because they are sick of the useless, lazy thieving workshy British workers that the Job Centre sends them. And it's not only hotels, I have a friend who employs Polish people in his flower-growing business and loves them because they work hard and they turn up on time every day, sober and keen to do an honest day's work"

So all British workers are bad and all Polish one's are so wonderful?:headshake: The Poles will work for peanuts and cash in hand for now,but come back in 10 years time and see if they do the same then !

"

Globalti

Legendary Member
"There are more and better hotels in all the provincial towns of Britain that are desperate for honest reliable workers because they are sick of the useless, lazy thieving workshy British workers that the Job Centre sends them. And it's not only hotels, I have a friend who employs Polish people in his flower-growing business and loves them because they work hard and they turn up on time every day, sober and keen to do an honest day's work"
So all British workers are bad and all Polish one's are so wonderful?:headshake: The Poles will work for peanuts and cash in hand for now,but come back in 10 years time and see if they do the same then !
"

The same Poles have been there for about seven years now Dude.... they seem to have settled in Gloucestershire. They run the growing business very competently while my pal gads around installing hydroponic systems for big nurseries all over the UK and in Oman.

RedRider

Pulling through
The same Poles have been there for about seven years now Dude.... they seem to have settled in Gloucestershire. They run the growing business very competently while my pal gads around installing hydroponic systems for big nurseries all over the UK and in Oman.
I have a fantastic Polish colleague whose job it is to go out on the street at night to provide support for other Poles who're currently homeless and often alcoholic but don't let that upset your stupid view of a Britain populated by stereotypes.

Top Bottom