Headaches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bash 73

Hi all just wondering if anyone else suffers from headaches whilst out on there bike, tonight after about 10 mins head was pounding, I drink plenty of fluid before going out and food during the day also take 1L of fluid with me. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Effyb4

Veteran
Sunlight has a massive effect on me. If I'm out in the sun (cycling or not) I get a headache after a short while.

Coggy

Hi all just wondering if anyone else suffers from headaches whilst out on there bike, tonight after about 10 mins head was pounding, I drink plenty of fluid before going out and food during the day also take 1L of fluid with me. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

What is your general fitness like ? Is your blood pressure ok ?

OP
OP
B

bash 73

Position on bike is comfortable thanks Mo I'm a beginner and longest ride is 1hr20mins and neck feels ok.
General fitness is pretty low as not done any fitness work since giving up football years ago a bit over weight!! 14st and 5 10 tall
My job being a carpenter gives some exercise

vickster

Legendary Member
Best see a doctor

I get a headache if it's hot and I've not drunk enough, but that shouldn't happen in 10 minutes now it's cooler

Ern1e

Über Member
You don't say if this is something that happens every time you ride ? and if it doe's I think I would seek medical advise on that IMO, and as @Coggy ask's is your blood pressure ok it may well be it rises due to the extra effort you are putting in either way a trip to your doctors is in order !

Ern1e

Über Member
my misses has been watching me write this and is booking me an appointment with the doctor for a middle age health check!!
next thing she will be upping the life insurance LOL
Good if nothing else it should give you both peace of mind if nothing else,my local health centre run a healthy heart club scheme which I was "invited" to due to my advancing years lol but got to admit it was worth it not that they found anything much wrong,it just gave the other half confidence in me not "going" just yet lol.

Coggy

You don't say if this is something that happens every time you ride ? and if it doe's I think I would seek medical advise on that IMO, and as @Coggy ask's is your blood pressure ok it may well be it rises due to the extra effort you are putting in either way a trip to your doctors is in order !

When I was overweight and unfit I used to get headaches from overexertion. I had high blood pressure and a resting pulse in the high 80s.

I am still a bit overweight (26 BMI) but my blood pressure is now normal and resting pulse 60 which is good for a 44 year old apparently.

I also think exercising whilst feeling nervous or a bit tense can cause headaches as can dehydration.

Top Bottom