Headlamp Glare

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PedallingNowhereSlowly

The SatNav in my van now that it's over 6 months old is less intelligent than it used to be (no traffic awareness or speed camera locations) because I won't stump up the £11 PCM subscription (not worth it for 4,000 miles a year).

Allegedly the 'find my vehicle' and other remote stuff doesn't work either but I've never used them anyway.

When you pay nearly £30k for something (and a lot more in the case of many cars now) these subscription models are kind of galling.

Bristolian

Does it do that for oncoming cyclists too? Walkers?

I'm not sure as I haven't come across a cyclist or pedestrian on the road whilst I have been driving at night. From reading the user manual I have an expectation that if they are wearing something reflective or are showing a working light then the headlamps will behave as I described.

Bristolian

The SatNav in my van now that it's over 6 months old is less intelligent than it used to be (no traffic awareness or speed camera locations) because I won't stump up the £11 PCM subscription (not worth it for 4,000 miles a year).

Allegedly the 'find my vehicle' and other remote stuff doesn't work either but I've never used them anyway.

When you pay nearly £30k for something (and a lot more in the case of many cars now) these subscription models are kind of galling.

Going slightly off topic but, my current car was over £40k when new and came with 3 years of free satnav updates. Obviously it is now well beyond that time period but I thought I'd ask the local dealer about an update anyway. £70-odd for the SD card with the update on - not bad I thought - plus £150 for the activation code/use license. Hmm, maybe an Android head unit instead then.

I found a guy on a famous on-line auction site selling the SD card and code for £60. Result! Works perfectly ^_^

I'm still looking for a solution to activate Apple CarPlay which the original owner clearly didn't want to pay for when he bought the car. Fool!:tongue:

Top Bottom